Reach Your Potential At The Summit
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry. Everyone here is determined, compassionate and committed to achieving unified success. We want you to be a part of our team and encourage you to learn more about us.
Our team represents the diversity of our consumers and the communities we serve. We value every individual’s unique ideas, perceptions and cultural influences creating a broader understanding of our customer’s needs.
Life at Summit Broadband
Driven to succeed. Encouraging diversity. Family first. At Summit Broadband we care about you as a person, as a parent, as a loved one and as an employee. Though we expect you to give 110% and finish work in a timely fashion, we understand matters at home may arise that require your attention. We realize the better our employees are treated, the better they will portray the company to our customers. Summit Broadband strives to be the recognized service leader in the Florida telecommunications industry. Therefore, there is a service oriented culture where associates strive to build relationships with customers by treating them with respect and integrity.
Summit Broadband offers an environment for growth and development. We are enablers of successful business people aiming to ensure you have the opportunity to reach the summit in your career. We not only provide tools for advancement within the company, but qualities you can take with you outside the company.
Choosing Summit Broadband
Be a part of an innovative, diverse and creative team inspiring to change the landscape of the telecommunications industry.
Summit Broadband offers exceptional benefits to full-time employees, including:
• Health Insurance • Dental • Vision
• Life Insurance • Disability • 401(K) with employer matching
• A wellness program • Paid time off • Paid holidays • Employee Referral Program
- Job Title
- CPE Engineer
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32811
- Other Location
- Central Florida
Responsible for assisting design, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide customer premises equipment (CPE) activation, provisioning, and operations applications and their associated operating systems and databases. Responsible for Application Administration of CPE activation, provisioning, and operations platforms applications. Participation in full life-cycle of systems engineering activities of high-quality, scalable solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Works with Product, IT, Service Delivery and Engineering to determine needs.
- Develop, define, and deploy lap environment to support CPE testing
- Reviews existing integration capabilities, data sources, and cost and functionality.
- Creates work effort estimates for assigned tasks and support prioritization and release management.
- Deployment of core code modules, unit test tools and release notes for enhancements and bug fixes. Installs, administers, configures and maintains CPE activation, provisioning, and operations applications including operating systems and related software.
- Uses established change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact, (i.e. during established maintenance window).
- Documents systems configurations and upgrades.
- Implements change control policies and disaster recovery plans. Monitors and assists in managing applications, device availability, network conditions and system reliability and performance, service and program maintenance and storage resources
- Works on multiple highly complex major projects requiring innovative, original solutions
- Plans multiple projects simultaneously. Estimates, tracks & completes project on time and within budget.
- Results are key to successful completion of major projects/programs.
- Leads group of engineers and technicians, responsible for budget and manpower estimates.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BS or equivalent
+10 years experience
- Is a SME on multiple platforms and/or systems under specialty and with a detailed understanding of how multiple systems interact. Develops innovative solution to unique problems. Professional abilities & technical accomplishments are recognized throughout the lab and within the professional community in expertise.
- Works mostly independently with minimal supervision.
- Provides guidance to group.
- Work is reviewed infrequently. Outcomes reviewed by organizational management/head.
- Exercises substantial initiative/judgment in work methods and in interpreting goals.
- Able to effectively train people outside his/her work group.
- Able to give effective presentations to critical/high level customers and effectively represent work group on review panels and cross-organizational teams. Can write convincing proposals and reports with all necessary backup material for external consumption.
- Knowledge of end to end service design and operations of Voice,Video, Data, and Business Services
- Knowledge of Provisioning process
- Knowledge of firmware deployment process
- Microsoft Applications i.e. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Teams
- Service Desk Ticket Systems
Summit Broadband is a drug and tobacco free workplace.
Summit Broadband is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.