Accounts Payable Associate
- Job Title
- Accounts Payable Associate
- Job ID
- Harleysville, PA 19438
- Other Location
Accounts Payable Associate
Accupac is hiring for a full-time Accounts Payable Associate to join our 1st shift at our Harleysville PA location.
Accounts Payable Associate Basic Job Functions:
Provides financial, administrative, and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by receiving payments, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
Accounts Payable Associate Essential Function:
- Match purchase orders to invoices and enter invoices into computer
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports and recording entries
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensure credit is received for outstanding memos, issue stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Verify, process and pay employee expense reports
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements. Enter new or update vendor names and data
- Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices
- Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- General math skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Regularly spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers
- Regularly move from sitting to standing positions effortlessly
- Regularly spend long hours in intense concentration reviewing and entering financial information into a computer
- Regularly use hands and fingers to handle, control or feel objects
- Regularly see details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- Regularly speak clearly so listeners can understand
- Regularly understand the speech of another person
- Frequently work in on projects that require deadlines
- Frequently bend to file and maintain files
- Occasionally lift 5-10 pounds
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school preferred. 1-3 years of accounts payable.
We manufacture, fill, and package personal care and beauty care products for companies around the world. Specializing in product launches, superior quality assurance, and excellent customer service. We are passionate makers, blending proven expertise with forward-thinking innovation to help clients meet the changing needs of consumers across the globe. We pride ourselves on our 3 core values.
We Begin with the Customer in Mind. At Accupac, we are here for our customers. We begin each project with the customer in mind, and focus on their goals, their needs, and their products.
We Are Problem Solvers. Our knowledge is what drives our business. When a client has a problem, we solve it. We work together, ask questions, and do the right thing.
We Love What We Do. We are passionate makers because we love what we do. Everyone at Accupac is accountable for their part in our client’s products, and never settle for second best.
We believe our most valued resource is the people we work with. Most of our positions offer the following employee benefits:
Competitive Salary Package
401(k) Retirement Plan
Vested Company Match Contribution
Paid Holidays, Sick, and Personal Time
Health Savings Accounts
Life Insurance with Optional Supplemental Plan
Short- and Long-Term Paid Disability
Health Advocacy Programs
Ready to be a maker? Apply today for a career at Accupac!
- Required Skills
Accounts Payable Position Requirements:
Possess 1-3 years of accounts payable experience.
Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards, and compliance requirements.
General math skills.
Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs.
High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
Excellent data entry skills.
Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills.
Effective organizational, stress and time management skills.
Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
Ability to work independently or as a team member.