Unit Secretary, Emergency Department , Nights
- Job Title
- Unit Secretary, Emergency Department , Nights
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
Unit Secretary: FT, Nights, 11:30 PM to 8 AM EOW - Emergency Department
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Full-time Unit Secretary who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Unit Secretary:
- Familiarity with basic medical terminology
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Flexibility and calmness required in order to perform a variety of functions in a setting that may be stressful or change unexpectedly due to a patient's condition
- Competence in both oral and written English and the ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Must have effective communication and interpersonal skills to relate to patients with varying degrees of illness, staff, and visitors
- Exceptional customer service skills essential
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Computer aptitude and knowledge of Microsoft products including Word, Excel and Outlook
Required Qualifications: Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
- One year of secretarial experience, preferred
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certificate
Work life balance
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
100% Tuition Remission for employees and their dependent children
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
#GR8Patient Access & Admission
- Required Skills
High school graduate or General Equivalency Diploma (G.E.D.)
One year of secretarial experience, preferred.
Knowledge of Medical Terminology.
Current American Heart Association BLS Certificate
Basic computer skills