Director of Operations
- Job Title
- Director of Operations
- Job ID
- Portland, TN 37148
- Other Location
Director of Operations
Inventing Simple® isn’t just a slogan to us, it’s a way of life. Using simple plug-and-play ideology, we revolutionized solar installations in 2003 with our Interconnect SystemTM. Our harnessing system is now the gold standard EPC’s use around the world. By using simple ideas, we are making solar energy a more affordable and clean power source for future generations.
The Director of Operations is responsible for manufacturing including safety, quality, cost reductions, on-time delivery, customer satisfaction, training, and plant performance measures for our core operations. The Operations Director will lead 4 direct reports and oversee 5 manufacturing locations located in Tennessee, California and a location to be determined.
- Champions safety in the facility and develops strategies to support Shoals’ Goal of Zero Accidents.
- Establish procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure products conform to established customer/company quality standards.
- Develop the vision, strategic plan, and the annual tactics to maximize productivity and efficiency in Shoals’ manufacturing footprint.
- Lead capacity planning and optimization and partner cross-functionally to encourage continued growth of our most profitable and differentiated products.
- Ensure compliance with company needs for capital investments and improved projects by executing on all operational CAPEX projects.
- Support the implementation of Shoals’ ERP system.
- Manage compliance with state and federal regulations and company standards.
- Champions Shoals’ Lean focus and support the development of world-class manufacturing expertise to identify and implement changes that improve productivity and reduce cost, scrap, and rework.
- Coach, mentor, and develop talent within the team to build a diverse, high performing organization.
- BA or BS degree, preferably in engineering, operations management, or business. MBA or master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in a management role in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, preferably within automotive.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Director within Operations or multi-site accountability
- Lean/Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Proven business results of improving operational performance. Strong knowledge of budgets and P&L statements.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Working knowledge of local and federal government requirements (OSHA).
- Willing to travel domestically as required (<25%)
Shoals Technologies Group, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.