Associate Advisor - Wealth Management
- Job Title
- Associate Advisor - Wealth Management
- Job ID
- Albany, NY
- Other Location
POSITION: Associate Advisor, Wealth Management
TYPE: Full time, Salary
LOCATION: Albany, NY
SUMMARY: Are you passionate about helping people achieve their financial goals? Do you enjoy working with people who share your commitment to quality, excellence, and professional growth? Our client, Strategic Financial Services is looking for motivated professionals who have an interest in a career in financial services and 2-3 years of demonstrated success in a professional environment. The team is growing and investing in new members who will play a supportive role in client and advisory activities. There is tremendous opportunity for growth in this role, along with competitive compensation, benefits, and PTO. The company was recently named the #1 Place to Work for Financial Advisers by InvestmentNews!
- Serve | Grow | Live
- Client Service: Day-to-day primary/backup contact for clients/prospects and primary back-up to lead and senior advisors. Serve as liaison between client service and advisor team / end client. Coordinate key tasks with professional partners outside of Strategic (attorneys, CPAs, insurance providers, etc). No primary relationship management responsibility.
- Investment and Financial Plan Execution: Coordinates/Executes/Implements recommendations for client financial plans and investments.
- Follow-Up/To- Dos: Timely completion and coordination of action items internally with proper inputs communicated to team members when delegated.
- Leadership: Participate in firm groups, initiatives, or internal projects/rocks, as well as in the community.
- Operational: Working knowledge of the firm's financial planning tech, client facing technology, performance reporting, and CRM systems.
- Financial Planning: Basic knowledge of key financial planning areas (Risk Management, Tax, Estate, Retirement, Education and Business).
- Investments/Market: Basic knowledge of securities markets, global economics, portfolio construction and informed on market conditions and news events, and their implications for investors.
- Industry: Basic understanding of key trends in financial planning and legislative changes.
- Communication: Good written, verbal and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to listen, ask good questions, identify opportunities, resolve conflicts, educate, and coach clients.
- Administrative: Ability to coordinate key tasks with professional partners outside of Strategic (Estate, Tax, Insurance, etc.)
- Fundamental: solid problem solving, EOS and technology skills
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business, accounting, finance, economics, education, or related experience)
- Experience in financial services industry (preferred but not required…several of our best teammates changed careers!)
- Continuously exhibits personal integrity and professional initiative.
- Reliable, follows through on commitments, does not shrink from new challenges.
- Possesses a passion to help new and existing clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; experience with various financial planning, CRM, portfolio management and document management software; previous experience with Salesforce and/or Orion preferred.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask.
- Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy by delivering high quality work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Collaborative and able to work effectively with others.
- Flexible team player who is highly adaptable to change and open to new ideas.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in an entrepreneurial, small company environment.
- Desire to enroll in CFP program.
- Opportunity to make an impact on client’s lifelong financial goals.
- Supportive leadership team dedicated to our culture of learning and professional development.
- Career mapping and mentorship
- Opportunity to grow personally and professionally
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- Paid time off
Pay Range: $52,000 - $71,500
M3 Placement and Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.