Director of Human Resources
- Job Title
- Director of Human Resources
- Job ID
- Work Remote
- Fredericksburg, VA
- Other Location
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries (RGI) is searching for a Director of Human Resources who will be responsible for assisting in effectively directing all services that support the programs central to Rappahannock Goodwill Industries’ mission. Coordinate HR policies and programs with emphasis on administering benefits, recruitment, and employee relations and engagement. Ensure that the organization is in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Work closely with the VP Human Resources in developing, implementing, and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions, and activities.
- Maintains current knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations, EEO, ADA, FMLA, DOL, etc.
- Oversee the daily workflow of the HR department, including payroll processing.
- Assist in supervising Human Resources Staff.
- Assist in administration and implementation of benefits, including employee health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance coverage, worker’s comp, 403(b) retirement plan, and leave administration.
- Provides support and guidance to HR staff, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Tracks and maintains employee COVID-19 activity. Reports to appropriate local and government agencies.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with business unit managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Assists in managing EEO, OSHA, FMLA and other personnel-related regulatory compliance (including OFCCP, CARF, SourceAmerica).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of 7 years of human resource management and supervisory experience preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years payroll processing experience.
- Collaborative approach, high level of tact, discretion, and interpersonal skills to work successfully across business units and with all levels of staff.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Professional experience and knowledge base in human resources administration, including applicable laws and operating principles, required.
- Broad knowledge and experience in federal and state employment law, employee relations and development, HRIS, training and recruitment and policy development and writing.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and motivating employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to stand and move around for extended periods. Ability to climb, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, handle, carry, push, pull, and lift objects up to 25 pounds.
- Office environment with occasional travel (including use of personal car)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
WHAT WE OFFER:
In addition to pay and benefits, you will receive valuable training and experience. Best of all, when you come to work, you’ll know that your efforts make a meaningful difference in countless lives and communities. Join the Goodwill team and you will find more than a job…You will find a career with a cause!
To learn more about our company and team, please visit our website: www.fredgoodwill.org
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Rappahannock Goodwill Industries, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team and the communities we serve. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
- Pay Range
- $65,000.00 None to $0.00 None