Manager, EDI & Learning Development
- Job Title
- Manager, EDI & Learning Development
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Learning & Development Manager who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
This position is full time, Monday-Friday 8:30 am- 5:30 pm, in-hospital.
The Learning & Development Manager:
Core Competencies include:
- Leads the learning and development function with the aim of identifying skill gaps among employees and creating plans to bridge these gaps so that HUH objectives are met.
- Manages, designs, and implements policies and procedures relating to organizational development. Reviews existing training materials produced by third parties to determine appropriateness and relevance. Modifies or creates course materials and training manuals to meet specific training needs. Manages and updates training systems and modules.
- Develops and executes diversity, equity & inclusion strategy and programming as it aligns with HUH goals. Manages relationships and engagement with HUH management to encourage success of diversity, equity & inclusion programming and goals.
- Develop and present strategy, learnings and program presentations to key stakeholders ensuring industry integration and activation.
- Facilitates implementation of appropriate change management initiatives associated with organizational transition activities.
- Implement meaningful, relevant, employee and manager training. Development activities that link to company goals and objectives and meet the needs of managers.
- Works with managers to address learning issues, instruction problems, or new educational needs regarding specific employees or departments.
- Determines training needs and requirements for HUH by meeting with managers, talking with employees, or administering surveys. Monitors training programs, regulatory compliance and manuals to ensure that they are effective and up-to-date and makes updates as necessary.
- Provides oversight and direction to professional staff of the Department in accordance with established policies and procedures; monitors, evaluates, counsels and advises on individual and departmental performance.
- Manages costs for all programs, productions, and publications and prepares reports regarding a return on investment
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not considered as all-inclusive.
- Knowledge and application of adult learning concepts.
- Ability to foster teamwork.
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders under tight deadlines and translate ideas and concepts into professional products, including speeches, talking points, PowerPoint presentations, articles, briefings, emails, and more, as needed
- Ability to develop and mentor others.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with leadership, providers and staff.
- Ability to influence others.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and follow-through skills.
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions.
- Ability to remain flexible, organized and professional.
- Ability to analyze, make sound decisions under stressful situations.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelor's in Business, Human Resources, Organizational Development or other related field required. Master’s degree preferred
- Five or more years of organizational development and EDI experience. Preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Two or more years of previous management experience.
- SHRM-CP or SCP, SPHR or PHR certification desirable
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
100% free tuition at Howard University after 1 year, and free tuition for dependent children after 2 years
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location
- Required Skills
- Client-facing experience
- Hands-on leadership
- Process building experience
- Regulatory compliance experience