Option 2: Create a New Profile
Director of Procurement
- Job Title
- Director of Procurement
- Job ID
- Boulder, CO 80302
- Other Location
Job Title: Director of Procurement
Primary Location: Boulder, CO
Reports To: VP, Finance Operations
Compensation: $160,000 to $180,000. Full time, Exempt
Congruex is looking for a Director of Procurement to join our corporate team. Learn more about Congruex at www.congruex.com
Who is Congruex
Congruex designs and builds broadband and wireless communications infrastructure. The work we do enables everything in the modern world to operate, from healthcare and energy to transportation and social interactions.
We deliver turn-key network solutions under a single platform by aligning our engineering and in-market construction operating units. Our vision is to be the best end-to-end provider of network services in the U.S. and our core values of GRIT connect everything we do.
We are building tomorrow, together. Will you join us?
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Procurement to join our dynamic team. The Director of Procurement will play a crucial role in developing and executing procurement strategies to optimize cost savings, supplier performance, and operational efficiency. This individual will lead the procurement function, overseeing the sourcing, negotiation, and coordinating with our legal team with the management of all vendor contracts and relationships.
The ideal candidate should possess a strong background in procurement, exceptional leadership skills, and a proven track record of driving strategic initiatives within a complex and fast-paced environment.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Develop and implement procurement strategies aligned with the company's goals and objectives, ensuring optimal sourcing, pricing, and supplier performance.
- Lead and manage the procurement team, providing guidance, coaching, and support to ensure the achievement of departmental objectives and individual growth.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key suppliers, negotiating favorable terms and conditions, while fostering long-term partnerships.
- Oversee the end-to-end procurement process, including supplier selection, contract negotiation, and ongoing performance management.
- Collaborate closely with internal stakeholders, such as operations, finance, and legal, to align procurement activities with business requirements and mitigate risks.
- Monitor market trends, technological advancements, and industry best practices to identify opportunities for process improvement and cost savings.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, and systems to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and ethical procurement practices.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure procurement performance and track progress toward goals.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to streamline procurement processes, enhance operational efficiency, and optimize inventory management.
- Stay abreast of industry developments, emerging technologies, and market trends to proactively identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain management, or a related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Proven experience (10 years) in procurement, strategic sourcing, and vendor management, preferably in Construction or Telecommunications.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing a procurement team, fostering collaboration, and driving performance.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement best practices, contract negotiation, and supplier relationship management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions and develop actionable strategies.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, with the ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficient in procurement software and enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards related to procurement and supply chain management.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) are desirable.
Why Work at Congruex?
No matter what role you play, you are an important part of the One Congruex Family. We offer:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program - with a 4% Company Match
- Free Wellness Resources & Marketplace Discounts
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Basic Life Insurance & Voluntary Options
- The pillars of Congruex culture are GRIT, safety, inclusion, and family.
We will determine salary based on skills and experience in relation to the function of the role, as well as equity to employees in similar roles. Some benefits have eligibility criteria. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.