Medical Science Liaison
- Job Title
- Medical Science Liaison
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Field Based, 02210
- Other Location
Medical Science Liaison
Department: Medical Affairs
Reports to: Executive Director, Medical Affairs
Location: Territory will be drawn based on candidate residency. States considered based on location of current team: CA, AZ, NV, OR, WA, MN, WI, IA, MO, IL MI, IN, OH.
The Medical Science Liaison will be a trusted scientific partner to key external experts by conducting timely, appropriate and frequent scientific exchanges to enhance the understanding of the scientific and medical value of our products.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability to execute on stakeholder engagement plans to gather data, develop and share medical insights that contribute to the enhancement of AVEO Oncology key medical messages and plans for future research. The candidate should have excellent communication skills, an organized approach to prioritization, a flexible and adaptable work style, an openness to creativity, and ability to work in a team environment with our cross-functional partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain credible scientific interactions with influential opinion leaders as well as clinicians and researchers in relevant therapeutic areas Serve as primary resource for clinical and scientific information related to AVEO’s science, research, and products
- Presents accurate, fair balanced scientific information to appropriate audiences in a compliant manner
- Responds to unsolicited request for medical information associated with supported products and disease state area.
- Performs therapeutic disease state education in oncology with identified physicians, researchers, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, pharmacists and payers.
- Attends various scientific conferences to collect and report relevant scientific and clinical data
- Communication of scientific and clinical data through presentations, manuscript development, abstracts and posters
- Actively supports research objectives for all clinical trials
- Organizes educational meetings or local scientific advisory boards when requested.
- Support speakers training to ensure continued scientific support in the field.
- Provide ongoing field updates and insights, including competitive intelligence, and synthesize this information into meaningful, actionable insights
- Participate in the development and execution of Medical Affairs activities, such Advisory Boards, Speaker Training, and development of scientific and medical presentation slides
- Provide medical support to cross-functional partners (Marketing, Training, Market Access, Clinical Development)
- Demonstrate the ability and desire to work collaboratively, strategically, respectfully, and creatively with diverse stakeholders, including leadership and within the MSL team
- Ensure that all activities and interactions comply with AVEO business guidance, policies, SOPs, Office of Inspector General (OIG), Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), and the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) guidelines and policies
- Advanced degree (PhD, PharmD, DNP, APRN, PA-C, MD or DO) preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an MSL in industry
- Clinical or prior pharmaceutical industry experience in oncology required (experience in kidney cancer or head and neck cancer preferred)
- A well-established KOL oncology network is strongly preferred
- Proven track record of success in establishing and maintaining thought leader relationships, territory planning, and integration with other field roles
- Strong understanding of industry and regulatory guidelines pertinent to compliant interactions with external audiences
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend complex scientific, medical, and relevant business issues and respond with actionable strategies and tactics to effectively produce timely and measurable results
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent ability in searching and interpreting medical literature
- Ability and willingness to travel a minimum of 60% of workdays required, including overnights and occasional weekends (e.g. medical conferences)
- Technical aptitude for virtual meetings and virtual conferences with documentation across multiple platforms
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.