Global Program Manager
- Job Title
- Global Program Manager
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- San Jose, CA 95110
- Other Location
Technical Program Manager
4+ Month W2 Contract
San Jose, CA Hybrid Onsite
If you're interested, apply directly here for more immediate response: https://j.brt.mv/jb.do?reqGK=27713617
Benefits You’ll Love:
- NextDeavor offers health, vision and dental benefits for contract employees.
- You’ll be eligible to receive Paid Sick Leave (Amount varies per state).
- Own the opportunity to get your foot in the door at a well-established corporation, with the likelihood of extension or conversion to full time employment (NextDeavor’s conversion rate is approximately 70%!)
This Program Management position will be working as part of Digital Media Strategy & Operations business unit. We are looking for a program manager to help lead programs or projects involving department and cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new product offerings. In this highly visible role, the program manager will help drive alignment across many cross functional teams in order to meet the key business objectives. The program manager will provide strategic program management by working with a broad set of partner organizations. The candidate will also be responsible in designing and refining a set of standardized and repeatable portfolio management processes to tackle complex and cross-company initiatives and drive execution!
Here’s how you’ll make an impact on the team:
- Partner with senior leaders to build strategic roadmaps, transform it into execution plans and deliver against business objectives.
- Performs project planning to establish an overall project plan, including key milestones, and drives progress to achieve project plan within time and budget constraints.
- Understand and coordinate sequencing of projects to accomplish progress.
- Understands and assesses critical paths and dependencies for delivering projects and facilitates discussions between project teams, product management and engineering.
- Performs risk management duties by identifying and analyzing risks, developing risk management controls and contingency plans to help increase probability of positive events for the project.
- Aggregates, organizes, and synthesizes program and project information in order to communicate with extended team and management.
- Resolve misalignments across requirements, priorities, and schedule.
- Evaluates existing processes and procedures.
- Makes recommendations and drives process improvement and adoption of best practices (processes, tools, etc) to improve team efficiency and effectiveness.
- Drive release management activities to ensure successful deployment of product updates.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Strong program and project management skills
- Ability to handle complex, highly cross-functional projects with highly matrixed environment
- Ability to work with both non-tech and technical teams & can help translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, and think quick on your feet given the fast change in business needs
- Strong interpersonal skills and how to build good relationships with Product marketing, campaign teams, legal, Business Model Strategy, brand, product managers; engineers and technologists with a variety of personalities and styles.
- Great business acumen & ability to understand the business Go-to-Market strategy, and help align the rest of the project team members towards the same objectives
- Tools knowledge include: SharePoint, Jira, Smartsheet, MSFT office
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle (both waterfall & agile)
- Great written and verbal communication skills, especially with executives as our projects are highly visible/high profile projects that may involve meetings w/ the CEO
- Problem solver & proactive vs. reactive
- Solid experience in software development, ideally within distributed (global) teams
- Self-motivated and not afraid to tackle unknowns, demonstrates a strong bias to action
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills with the ability to appropriately communicate with the intended audience, especially executives
- Ability to manage in an environment with diverse partners
- Strong influencing and interpersonal skills, and ability to develop positive relationships
- Demonstrate a collaborative mindset
- Excellent documentation skills
- Quick learner and proactive in solving problems
- Experience leading transformation/improvement programs, define and establish program structure and governance frameworks
$70.00 - $80.00/hour
- Pay Range
- $70.00 Hourly to $80.00 Hourly