- Job Title
- Creative Director
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Atlanta, GA 30318
- Other Location
The Creative Director is responsible for the vision, strategy, and execution of consumer and trade creative for UP Entertainment and all its brands, including the look, tone, messaging, and sonic branding of all visual communications across platforms with an emphasis on supporting streaming services and expanding digital-first creative.
This pure player-coach role allows you to contribute and flex your creative muscle while leading a team of writer producers, freelancers, and agency partners, to produce break-through and brand defining promotional assets connected to business strategy within assigned budgets.
WHO WE ARE:
UP Entertainment, home to UPtv, UP Faith & Family and AspireTV, is the destination for positive and authentic storytelling that is relevant to each network’s audience. UPtv, the trusted network for uplifting entertainment, offers exclusive premiere movies, uplifting theatricals and beloved series. UP Faith & Family, America’s favorite streaming service for families, gives instant access to the best in family and faith-friendly entertainment anytime, anywhere, and AspireTV is the leading network for Black and urban lifestyle programming.
WHO YOU ARE
This dynamic role requires a strong understanding of design principles and television production as well as emerging media technology platforms while demonstrating familiarity with creative processes and personalities to both lead and develop the Creative Services Team. To be successful in this role, the candidate must exhibit the ability to combine conceptual creative thinking with high-quality content delivery, keeping the audience in mind. Superb collaboration across internal stakeholders (e.g., Network Operations, Brand Marketing, Editing, Ad Sales, Affiliate Marketing, Executive Team, etc.,) and flawlessly leading the strategy and creation of visual concepts, compositions, motion graphics, layouts and typography for all on-air, streaming channel and digital promotional elements, including promos, trailers, show opens (as needed), key art, banners, presentations, business collateral, signage, promos, trailers, consumer elements, corporate videos and Ad Sales, Content Distribution & Marketing video presentations (e.g., Upfront, Affiliate Marketing Road Shows, etc.) from concept to delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Mentor creative team members, providing clear direction and constructive feedback to positively impact performance and professional development.
- Identify and address skill gaps to provide the highest level of content to our stakeholders and audience.
- Create and maintain a positive working environment that encourages a growth mindset, quest for learning, and respectful yet constructive feedback, aligned with company values.
- Work closely with the associated brand leaders, marketers, and stakeholders to strategize, execute and implement all brand initiatives for all UP Entertainment brands, including:
- Digital and social media promotion, upfront videos, value-added sales interstitials, cross channel promotion, event and contest promotion, and in-house commercials
- Promotion graphics, titles and transitions, interstitials, digital banners, show opens, key art, VOD thumbnails, one-sheets, email blasts, and presentations.
- Concepts, storyboards, and visual direction of Subscriber/Viewer Acquisition Campaigns, Launches, Interstitials, Special Programming/Stunts
- Actively concept, write, and supervise production of the services’ promotional videos.
- Guide and approve the strategy, scripts and editorial of all on-air promotion and branding (i.e., original series, acquisitions, stunts, specials, IDs, lower third promotion, etc.).
- Oversee and guide the visual execution of all design elements both in-house and commissioned.
- Change agent, influencing continuous improvement of workflows, systems and creative using technology and agile practices, while encouraging new and disruptive ideas.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of the numerous video platforms, and hold all team members accountable for the same, to enhance productivity and to eliminate inefficiencies (time & budget).
- Apply quality control to creative deliverables to ensure content is high-quality and on brand.
- Ensure efficient and effective management of project schedules with tight deadlines and resources, ensuring timely delivery of all assets.
- Develop and oversee the annual department budget.
- Sourcing, direction, and evaluation of outside vendors.
- Maintain highly productive and collaborative relationships with the operations/production department (scheduling, graphics, editing, traffic etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, broadcasting, or related field, highly preferred.
- 15+ years with streaming TV, cable, network, local television station, ad agency, syndication company or other applicable industry related experience.
- Strong writer, skilled communicator, and negotiator.
- Advanced production expertise, digital-first creative experience.
- Prior experience managing a creative team of at least ten employees.
- In-depth understanding of fundamental commercial production principles.
- Exceptional creative thinker and problem-solver.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to handle multiple cross functional projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively articulate creative ideas.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of creative industry practices, trends, innovation and the capabilities of latest editing and graphic design technology and platforms.
- Ability to write and edit strong, clear, and imaginative copy and develop creative and imaginative visual concepts for video/broadcast.
- Understand and consistently apply fundamentals of effective project management and customer focus.
- Fundamental and functional communication skills (verbal, written, and active listening) to facilitate projects (presentations or creative justification, updates, timelines, budget).
- Understand and consistently apply corporate and individual brand and creative guidelines.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Non-linear software editing skills in “Adobe Premiere" preferred.
This job currently has no certification requirements.
The Creative Director will report to the EVP, Content Distribution & Marketing and lead a team of creatives, writer/producers, some of whom are creative leads for brands.
The Company has a policy that requires employees who enter our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our policy is subject to and complies with applicable law.
This is a hybrid job role, with a combination of telecommuting workdays and in-office workdays.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal-employment principles and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. The terms and conditions of the application process and employment relationship are to be non-discriminatory—without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation or any other protected category or class that may be applicable to you in the jurisdiction where you are employed. Moreover, in accordance with federal and applicable state and local law, we provide reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees’ sincerely held religious beliefs, practices, or observances that conflict with work requirements and for applicants and employees with known disabilities provided that such individuals are qualified to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without accommodation, and provided that any accommodations would not impose an undue hardship on the company or introduce a direct threat to the health and safety of the worksite employee with a disability or others. Any applicant or employee who requires a reasonable accommodation during the application process or to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a company manager, a company officer, or TriNet to request such an accommodation.
To apply, submit your resume to Human Resources at
For more information, visit www.uptv.com