Option 2: Create a New Profile
OSP Engineering Manager
- Job Title
- OSP Engineering Manager
- Job ID
- Memphis, TN 38138
- Other Location
Job Title: Outside Plant and Fiber Design Engineering Manager
Primary Location: Memphis, TN
CNS Network Services, a Congruex Company, is looking for a Outside Plant and Fiber Design Engineering Manager to join our engineering team. Learn more about us at: www.congruex.com/
Who is CongruexCongruex designs and builds broadband and wireless communications infrastructure. The work we do enables everything in the modern world to operate, from healthcare and energy to transportation and social interactions.
We deliver turn-key network solutions under a single platform by aligning our engineering and in-market construction operating units. Our vision is to be the best end-to-end provider of network services in the U.S. and our core values of GRIT connect everything we do.
We are building tomorrow, together. Will you join us?
Your New Job
As an Outside Plant and Fiber Design Engineering Manager, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the design and implementation of a Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) major build program. This role combines administrative and technical responsibilities, requiring a strong understanding of fiber optic network design, project management, and leadership skills. You will lead a team of engineers and designers to ensure the successful deployment of fiber optic infrastructure in support of our FTTH expansion program.
The Outside Plant and Fiber Design Engineering Manager is responsible for working with the customer to define project scope, customer requirements and deliverables. Mentor and continuously provide feedback to improve the engineer's design skills for current and new projects. Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports to both internal and external customers. Ensures adherences to quality standards and reviews project deliverables before submission to the customer.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Developing and management of performance metrics for assigned team.
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Accountable for teams timely and quality work submissions.
- Continuously evaluate and inform each direct report's performance and improve their current skills for the advancement of the team.
- Work with program team to continuously innovate workflow and/or process to increase efficiency and decrease cycle times for the customer.
- Validate accurate time reporting with the intention of maintaining an accurate spend vs budget.
- Monitor task completion times to confirm team is paid in accordance with the allocated budgets.
- Provide valuable input for business development during the RFP process.
- Work with innovations team to determine how the adaptation of new technologies can improve efficiency.
- Ensuring that the Engineers select the best construction method for each route, to ensure construction and cost optimization while also optimal from an operational viewpoint.
- Develop engineering processes and procedures to ensure proper engineering schema is achieved for program.
- Working with Off-shore team ensuring accurate submissions in accordance with client schema
- Ensuring permit drawings are in accordance with regulatory authority requirements.
- Ensuring that all make ready engineering is in accordance with pole owner mandates prior to submission.
- Ensuring that the bill of materials and bill of quantities align with program requirements and associated schemas.
- Tutoring Junior Engineers, to bring their skills and providing them with a growth pattern that aligns with company objectives.
- Acting as the program lead for NEC; NESC; Federal, State, and Local Regulations; and, industry standards and regulations.
- Ensuring the design is fully constructable.
- Mentor engineers and prepare them for new projects.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating engineering playbook as internal and external processes and requirements change.
- Strong GIS Experience
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven experience in project management, with track record of successful FTTH deployments
- Proven experience in fiber optic calculations, with development of optical budgets for FTTH networks
- Strong knowledge of fiber optic technology and outside plant design principles
- Minimum 5 years of experience in OSP design.
- Able to provide technical and analytical guidance to an engineering team.
- Expert knowledge of drafting systems (CAD, GIS, etc.).
- Advanced experience with MS Excel, Visio, GIS, and Google Earth.
- Familiar with how jurisdictions or governmental agencies can impact design scope and timeline.
- Civil/and or telecommunications construction background preferred.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills: make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Adobe Acrobat, and Google Earth.
- Knowledge & experience in GIS, with focus on VETRO, ARCGIS, and QGIS
- Knowledge & experience with project management processes, tools, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects with reproducible results.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and databases.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Knowledge of telecommunications construction and permitting processes.
- Experience in estimating existing utility locations.
Why Work At CongruexNo matter what role you play, you are an important part of the One Congruex Family. We offer:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program with a Company Match.
- Free Wellness Resources & Marketplace Discounts
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Basic Life Insurance & Voluntary Options
- The pillars of Congruex culture are GRIT, safety, inclusion, and family.
We will determine salary based on skills and experience in relation to the function of the role, as well as equity to employees in similar roles. Some benefits have eligibility criteria. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.