- Job Title
- Electrical Engineer
- Job ID
- Columbia, MD 21045
- Other Location
MEP Design Firm
Electrical Engineer Designer
Full Time Role
Columbia, MD, On-site
Please only apply for this role if you have US experience
Benefits You’ll Love:
- Bonus Pay
- Ample Paid Leave Options
- Incentive for Employee Referrals
- Comprehensive Health Coverage
- Dental Health Coverage
- Vision Care Benefits
- Tax-Favorable Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance Plans
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Professional Development Assistance
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Time Off for New Parents
Become a key player as a Senior Engineer:
The Engineer/Sr Designer will autonomously manage numerous concurrent projects, spanning design and construction phases. Their primary responsibilities include creating intricate contract documents and specifications for sophisticated building systems. This role entails advanced calculations, in-depth systems analysis, ensuring the quality of completed projects, and coordinating activities between fieldwork and construction.
Here’s how you’ll make an impact on the team:
- Contribute to the comprehensive design of lighting, power, and fire alarm systems for small to medium-sized commercial projects.
- Assess system alternatives and conduct assessments of existing systems when relevant.
- Facilitate seamless project documentation within A+S, while also collaborating externally with clients.
- Execute complete designs in compliance with relevant building codes. Utilize AutoCAD and Revit based on the architect's preference.
- Develop detailed specifications.
- Offer support during the bidding and construction phases, which includes assessing bids, addressing Requests for Information (RFIs), scrutinizing shop drawings, participating in project site inspections, and delivering field observation reports.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or Architectural Engineering with a specialization in electrical systems, is preferred.
- We welcome applicants at various career stages, ranging from mid-level with at least five years of relevant experience to senior-level candidates. Responsibilities and compensation are based on experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is essential.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification is a plus.
$75,000 - $125,000/annually
Ready to make your mark? Take the leap and apply directly here: <https://j.brt.mv/jb.do?reqGK=27716007&refresh=true> – your application is in good hands.
- Pay Range
- $75,000.00 None to $125,000.00 None