Assistant, Distribution Marketing
- Job Title
- Assistant, Distribution Marketing
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Atlanta, GA 30318
- Other Location
Who We Are
UP Entertainment, home to UPtv, UP Faith & Family and aspireTV, is the destination for positive and authentic storytelling that is relevant to each network’s audience. UPtv, the trusted network for uplifting entertainment, offers exclusive premiere movies, uplifting theatricals and beloved series. UP Faith & Family, America’s favorite streaming service for families, gives instant access to the best in family and faith-friendly entertainment anytime, anywhere, and aspireTV is the leading network for Black and urban lifestyle programming.
Why Join Us
The Assistant, Distributor Marketing position supports the Distribution department with marketing activities, administrative duties, and execution of brand partnerships among the portfolio of video distributor accounts including traditional cable and satellite providers (MVPD’s), virtual MVPD’s, SVOD, FAST, AVOD and other emerging platforms and providers. This role is primary support to the team to grow the linear brands, UPtv, aspire TV, our Subscription Video on Demand services, (UP Faith & Family, GaitherTV+ and aspireTV+), and our Free Ad Supported TV services, Cine Romántico and aspireTV Life in partnership with video distributors. This role is designed for someone passionate about entertainment marketing, video platforms, media trends, and building strong cross-department relationships with exceptional customer service acumen. Bring your passion, creativity, strong project management skills and curiosity! This is an exciting time to be at UP Entertainment. Come grow with us.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Day-to-day support for Distribution Team
- Partner with distribution team to execute marketing activities and campaign elements in support of distributor partnerships such as: promotions, events, marketing collateral, administrative functions and creative, premiums, sponsorships, etc.
- Manage request and delivery of creative assets, ensuring proper use of brand, content and messaging
- Act as a distributor marketing liaison among our Distributor Clients (Affiliates), and Inter-Company Departments
- Keep abreast of video entertainment business, distributor platforms, consumer trends and new technologies
- Create, update and maintain database and marketing tracking documents
- Download and disseminate requested reports from industry databases
- Prepare and submit department creative requests (PSR) and ensure they are fulfilled by deadlines
- Create and manage monthly distributor contact e-newsletter
- Maintain vendor relationships, source and collect premiums/merchandise ideas and pricing and work with team on items that best represent our company
- Ensure communications and creative assets are updated, in legal compliance and approved for external partner use (key art, presentations, logos, spots, trailers, etc.) in an organized, streamlined fashion
- Interact with external distributor clients (affiliates) and agencies as directed
- Create strong and succinct presentations, spreadsheets, reports and other documents
- Develop monthly/quarterly brand overviews with key art, show descriptions, premiere dates and content schedules
- Prepare support materials for internal communications/meetings
Front Office Responsibilities (1-2 days/wk) – Duties may include:
- Meet and greet visitors, contractors, prospective candidates and guests
- Screen and route incoming calls from main UP Entertainment phone line
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail/packages
- Manage occasional Atlanta office meeting logistics
- Work closely with distribution, marketing and creative services teams to prioritize exceptional marketing execution, adhering to timelines, deadlines and brand project plans
- Maintain project management tools (Wrike, Airtable and Brandfolder: our Central Asset Folder and Shared Drive)
- Execute/communicate enhancements
- Develop project timelines to meet key deadlines and create cohesive messaging across stakeholder touch points
- Occasional branded promotion and events planning and logistics for distributor clients
- Manage special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent from a four-year college or university, preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years industry marketing, administrative or related field highly preferred
- Prior experience and knowledge of media industry and entertainment is a plus
- Must have excellent time and project management skills and be responsive and adept at multi-tasking in a service/client-oriented atmosphere
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
- Must have an appetite for consistent learning, curiosity and taking initiative
- Must be well-organized and detail-oriented with ability to manage, prioritize, balance multiple projects, and adhere closely to deadlines
- Must have ability to work with and maintain confidential information and demonstrate sound judgment and discretion in internal/external communications and interactions
- Must be resolution-oriented, with creative problem-solving skills and proactive with an ability to trouble shoot in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Must possess exceptional customer service and relationship-building skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team
- Scrappy and resourceful with the ability to pivot and adjust as needed
- To perform this job successfully, individual must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and Excel) and Zoom Video Conferencing, Microsoft Teams, Google Meets and similar video platforms.
- Primary software: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Wrike Project Management, Brandfolder, Airtable, Vimeo, HubSpot and Hightail/Box
This job currently has no certification requirements.
This job currently has no direct reports.
- This is a hybrid job role with a combination of telecommuting workdays and in-office workdays.
- The Company has a policy that requires employees who enter our offices be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Our policy is subject to and complies with applicable law. This is a hybrid job role, with a combination of telecommuting workdays and in-office workdays.
To Apply, submit your resume to Human Resources at https://j.brt.mv/jb.do?reqGK=27716191&refresh=true
UP Entertainment Purpose and Company Values
UP Entertainment Purpose
- Uplift Someone
UP Entertainment’s Core Values
- Be Your Best: Our differences, experiences and passions are respected, celebrated, and supported at UP, because we are our most productive as our authentic selves. We always give our absolute best and pursue excellence by designing and planning for the results we want and delivering them. Our industry is ever-changing and so are we. We ask why, learn through innovation, and become better every single time. We go above and beyond to get the job done. Good is never enough. We are our BEST together.
- Be Uplifting: Being kind costs nothing. We uplift and inspire, making someone’s day and their life better by serving them well. We share knowledge and information and are committed to developing ourselves and others. We team up across boundaries and differences to win. At UP, success is shared. We say “us” and “we” not “I” and “me”. We are BETTER together.
- Be a Buffalo: Like the buffalo, we run unified toward challenges and face them with determination and strength. Our industry is unpredictable and so are we. We work hard and are most resourceful and innovative when pressure is applied. We are confident and courageous, resolute, and strong. At UP, we welcome disruption. We are STRONGER together