Facilities and Utilities Manager
- Job Title
- Facilities and Utilities Manager
- Job ID
- Mainland, PA 19451
- Other Location
Facilities & Utilities Manager
Accupac is hiring for a full-time Facilities and Utilities Manager to join our Mainland PA location.
Facilities & Utilities Manager Basic Job Functions:
The Facilities & Utilities Manager will be responsible for the site’s infrastructure, facilities, utilities, energy management and grounds. They ensure routine preventive maintenance and repairs are performed safely and in compliance. This role manages a team and direct contractors to update and repair equipment. They will coordinate and implement projects and capital improvements. They plan activities to reduce emergent work and increase the efficiency of the site’s energy infrastructure. They plan, schedule, and execute plant shutdown strategies for equipment turnarounds/overhauls. They provide feedback toward capital expense management for production and warehouse sites. They are responsible for the general facility and infrastructure upkeep including a presentable workplace and meeting the reliability and efficiency metrics. They are responsible for the contractor management program in the Pennsylvania sites. This position reports to the Plant Manager and is located onsite at our Mainland, PA facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the management of building, equipment, and grounds. Maintain relevant files, drawings, and records.
- Cooperates to meet the ESG goals in energy, water, and waste management.
- Manages soft crafts including, but not limited to, HVAC, plumbing, painting, low voltage electricians to perform maintenance work in the Pennsylvania sites.
- Supports the equipment availability requirements by maintaining areas not limited to Wastewater Treatment Plant, air compressors, boilers, cooling towers, water supplies, steam, electrical supply, HVAC systems, stability chambers, compactor, dust collectors, etc.
- Maintains buildings and grounds to meet required standards of cleanliness and compliance with cGMP, FDA, customer's requirements from audits, etc.
- Ensure appropriate staffing, proper training and development and performance management for the team.
- Manage capital and non-capital projects related to the maintenance of existing facilities. Prepares Capital Appropriation Requests as needed.
- Keep abreast of and provide support to plant personnel on water systems, HVAC, plant and equipment layouts, water treatment, air systems, expansions, structural details, material handling and auxiliary equipment.
- Be involved with and knowledgeable of programs, regulations, and the requirements of city, state and federal environmental agencies as it relates to the business.
- Support the cGMP efforts in the plant as they relate to the facility.
- Assist in the development of corporate engineering standards and/or development of capital budget along with Engineering staff.
- Monitors, take immediate action, and report on PM related performance.
- Ensure that established policies, rules and regulations, and procedures are followed.
- Perform timely completion of the required investigations arising from internal and external audits.
- Supports a 24/7 operation during off hours and performs needed work during plantwide shutdowns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements of the Job:
- Effective planning and organizational skills, troubleshooting, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Effectively use/learn AutoCAD, MS Project, and MS Office programs such Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Possess good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Working knowledge of the principles of electricity, electronics, mechanical and plant operating systems
- Read blueprints & schematic drawings and knowledge of plant systems and related equipment/utilities
- Support and contribute in Lean/ Six Sigma, ESG, energy conservation programs and activities towards delivery of the set target
- Comply with environmental, health and safety policies & regulations, quality policies, and company policies, procedures & policies
- Ability to make independent and sound judgement under deadline with interruptions
- Maintain confidentiality and resolving conflicts
- Able to sit and/or stand for extended periods and climb stairs or ladders
- Able to be able to lift & carry various items up to 40 pounds and exert up to 10 pounds of force
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes
Travel: Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience in boilers, compressors, HVAC, Waste Management and Wastewater Treatment facilities
- Must have extensive prior industrial maintenance experience involving mechanical, electrical work and be familiar with the industry regulations
- Be familiar or able to quickly learn maintenance excellence practices, including the development and application of KPIs to measure and track maintenance department efficiency
- Required Skills
Minimum Requirements of the Job:
• Effective planning and organizational skills, troubleshooting,
problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Effectively use/learn AutoCAD, MS Project, and MS Office
programs such Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Possess good negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Working knowledge of the principles of electricity, electronics,
mechanical and plant operating systems
• Read blueprints & schematic drawings and knowledge of plant
systems and related equipment/utilities
• Support and contribute in Lean/ Six Sigma, ESG, energy
conservation programs and activities towards delivery of the set
• Comply with environmental, health and safety policies &
regulations, quality policies, and company policies, procedures &
• Ability to make independent and sound judgement under
deadline with interruptions
• Maintain confidentiality and resolving conflicts