Human Resources Payroll Specialist
- Job Title
- Human Resources Payroll Specialist
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Fredericksburg, VA 22407
- Other Location
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries (RGI) is searching for a Human Resources Payroll Generalist who will be responsible for end-to-end payroll processing and a full spectrum of administrative payroll tasks and services to support accurate, effective, and efficient payroll processing. Other duties include but are not limited to coordination of training, onboarding/new hire orientation, collaboration with Insperity PEO, and department projects as required.
- Ensure all time and attendance hours, PTO tracking, and adjustments are entered and approved prior to submitting the time file. Administers employee change transactions; terminations, transfers, promotions, pay changes, job changes, and other employee changes accurately and timely, following proper payroll protocols.
- Processes payroll, including preparing, processing, submitting, reporting, and answering employee questions in an accurate and timely manner, following payroll processing procedures and guidelines, including for pay groups with unique or specialized requirements.
- Manages the completion of the onboarding process; conducts and/or assists with new hire orientation on-site to include but not limited to administering all aspects of the Form I-9 and E-Verify process.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resources files, records, and documentation in a timely manner. Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resources files and records.
- Oversees/handles all administrative tasks for new hire orientation, PARs, performance reviews, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
- Answers common and frequently asked questions from employees relative to payroll, time and attendance and scheduling; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records, ensuring all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Processes employment verifications, wage attachments, tax notices, third party inquiries, and other items necessary for payroll and employment tax setup and/or processing according to established procedures in collaboration with Insperity PEO.
- Collaborates with Insperity PEO and the Director of HR for leave administration for all aspects of FMLA, LOA, ADA, FFCRA, USERSSA, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability and Workers Compensation while processing and communicating to all parties (employee, payroll, and managers) on a timely basis.
- Assist with training and development efforts. Monitors and tracks learning assignments/ courses to ensure company compliance and success.
- Compile reports and trends analytical data.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department including retrieving incoming mail and processing invoices on a weekly basis or more often as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years HR experience and/or SHRM -CP preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with, or able to quickly learn, payroll management, human resource information system (HRIS), or similar applications.
- Ability to work as a team member and uphold organizational standards and values.
- Ability to stand and move around for extended periods. Ability to climb, talk, hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, handle, carry, push, pull, and lift objects up to 25 pounds.
- Hybrid work environment with at least one day of onsite work may be required. Employees will provide, at their expense, a secure, dedicated work area and reliable internet connection. Hybrid employees are responsible for maintaining the work area in a safe, secure, and nonhazardous condition at all times. Employees will maintain security devices and procedures necessary to prevent use by unauthorized persons, including preventing the connection of any Organization-furnished computer system, network, or database to any computer, network, or database not provided or authorized by the Organization.
- Office environment with occasional travel (including use of personal car).
In addition to pay and benefits, you will receive valuable training and experience. Best of all, when you come to work, you’ll know that your efforts make a meaningful difference in countless lives and communities. Join the Goodwill team and you will find more than a job…You will find a career with a cause!
To learn more about our company and team, please visit our website: www.fredgoodwill.org
Rappahannock Goodwill Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Rappahannock Goodwill Industries, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our team and the communities we serve. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
- Pay Range
- $41,600.00 None to $55,000.00 None