SEARCH FOR JOBS AT AGRANA
- Job Title
- Operations Manager
- Job ID
- Baldwinsville, NY 37033
- Other Location
Operations Manager, Food Manufacturing, Lysander, NY
Agrana Fruit US, Inc. is seeking an Operations Manager that is responsible for the management of all production activities associated with the manufacture of fruit preparations (and other food products) at the Lysander, NY facility. Oversee full operation of a true 24 x 5 operation with a seasonal operation of 24 x 6. Position reports to Plant Manager. The salary for this position is between $115,000 - $125,000 / year.
AGRANA Fruit is a global leader in delivering healthy and delicious food solutions in partnership with our valued customers. Our co-collaboration mindset results in the development of innovative products across multiple categories including refrigerated & frozen dairy, bakery and food service. Our team of experts are passionate about the wonderful world of food, the communities we serve and meeting the needs of consumers around the world.
Operations Manager, Job Responsibilities:
- Management of daily production activities to ensure customer satisfaction and optimal performance (e.g., safety, quality, productivity and plant efficiency) are achieved.
- Provide insight in the development of the schedule to assure orders are met, the lines run as efficiently as possible, and food safety guidelines (kosher, allergens, GMO free, etc.) are followed.
- Develop solutions and improvements to the operations based on reviews of performance indicators in order to meet / exceed plan.
- Assist in developing the Plant and Capital Budgets
- Ensure that supervisors and production employees are trained and developed.
- Participate in setting, monitoring, and achieving operational targets and goals.
- Manage costs and operational supply purchases to assure plant cost targets are met as it relates to production.
- Drive a continuous improvement environment while providing a base of reliability.
Operations Manager, Job Requirements:
- BS Engineering, Food Science, Business or equivalent.
- MS / MBA preferred but not required.
- High commitment to Safety and Quality.
- Five years + experience in people leadership positions as a Supervisor / Manager
- Thorough knowledge of GMP and HACCP program requirements including the application of principals, concepts, practices and standards.
- Five years or more of experience in a successful manufacturing company(ies), preferably Food / pharmaceutical
- Must possess the ability to manage the manufacturing processes and develop direct and indirect reports.
- Excellent problem-solving skills focusing on Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to motivate employee base for optimal performance.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of techniques utilized in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Computer skills with a working knowledge of Word, Excel, SAP and Access.
Agrana Fruit offers competitive salary and provides an excellent benefits package. We are proud to be able to say that our employee costs are some of the lowest in our industry. If interested, email us at email@example.com or apply today! #GR8 Plant Operations Leadership