Option 2: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Aerial Lineman
- Job ID
- Ontario, CA 91761
- Other Location
Job Title: Aerial Lineman
Location: Ontario, CA
HHS Construction, LLC., a Congruex Company, is looking for Aerial Lineman to join our wireless/engineering/construction team. Learn more about our operating unit at www.congruex.com/hhs-construction/
Who is CongruexCongruex designs and builds broadband and wireless communications infrastructure. The work we do enables everything in the modern world to operate, from healthcare and energy to transportation and social interactions.
We deliver turn-key network solutions under a single platform by aligning our engineering and in-market construction operating units. Our vision is to be the best end-to-end provider of network services in the U.S. and our core values of GRIT connect everything we do.
We are building tomorrow, together. Will you join us?
Your New JobJob Summary:
We are looking for a Aerial Lineman to join our team.
- Repairs and maintains major cable system and structures such as broken lashing, replacing, or re-sagging aerial strand, pole transfers, down-guys, aerial to underground conversion, substructure repairs and cable replacements related to system outages, maintenance, rebuilds and emergencies or hazards.
- Reads and interprets work orders, specifications, engineering drawings and/or cut sheets to determine work to be done in a sequence of the task.
- Performs construction work such as digging holes, climbing telephone poles, placing and removing poles and anchors, pulling and stringing wire/cable from pole to pole, laying cable and conduit in the ground.
- Operates power equipment such as compressors, pumps, blowers, hydraulic diggers, and hydraulic aerial lifts mounted on trucks.
- Uses test equipment to check for gas in manholes; may be required to empty water and other debris from manholes.
- Dismantles, moves, and removes aerial, underground or building wire, cable associated equipment, and hardware.
- Connects wires and cables to terminals and attaches/detaches various kinds of hardware to wires, cables, buildings, or poles.
- Responds to and participates in emergency and outage situations that require heavy construction capabilities.
- Ensures that all work considers the safety of the customer and general public and compliance with all governmental orders.
- Able and willing to work outdoors and in inclement weather conditions.
- Complete daily production reports and As-Built documentation on prints.
- Operates and/or works around heavy equipment and machinery such as, Backhoe, Jack Hammer, Jumping Jack, Hole Hog, Roto Hammer, Cut-Off Saw, Portable Water Pump, Saws-All, pedestals, cables, plastic conduit, shovel, rake, sledgehammer, pipe wrench, wire cutters, bolt cutters, cable cutters, drilling shafts, etc.
- Always maintains safe working habits/conditions
- Performs other duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Valid driver's license and transportation
- 2-5 years recent experience
- Extensive knowledge of approved practices, procedures, tools, and materials used in telecom line construction work.
- Identify differences in wire and cable colors.
- Required to lift moderately heavy equipment, such as telephone line; climb structures; and stand for long periods of time.
- Knowledge of first aid procedures and CPR.
- Ability to apply mathematics calculations (Example: fractions for use in drilling and pole sizing; calculating material and hardware length for assembling several pieces of equipment to poles of different thickness and circumferences.)
- Ability to work in a confined space and at high elevations (poles, hydraulic lift buckets, ladders.
- Ability to apply logical principles and thinking to solve problems and make decisions.
- Willing to perform work to support the values and goals of the Company.
- Climb up and down poles, ladders, machinery, and other objects.
- Push, pull, reach, and carry objects such as tools, materials, and equipment weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Load and unload tools and equipment on the truck.
- Coordinate movement of eyes, hands, fingers, and feet.
- Vision including depth perception, close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- All work is performed at remote locations; driving and sitting are required.
- All work is outdoors, subject to inclement weather conditions.
- Working in confined spaces.
Why Work At CongruexNo matter what role you play, you are an important part of the One Congruex Family. We offer:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Program
- Free Wellness Resources & Marketplace Discounts
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Basic Life Insurance & Voluntary Options
- The pillars of Congruex culture are GRIT, safety, inclusion, and family.
The Fine Print:
We will determine salary based on skills and experience in relation to the function of the role, as well as equity to employees in similar roles. Some benefits have eligibility criteria. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.