- Job Title
- Maintenance Technician
- Job ID
- Pasco, WA 99301
- Other Location
PAY RANGE $28.61 - $32.16 PER HOUR.
Local Bounti is a leading controlled environment agriculture (CEA) company. Our mission is to bring our farm to your kitchen and deliver the freshest, locally-grown produce in the fewest food miles possible.
Our mission is rooted in sustainability and in turn human welfare.
By growing local we help eliminate food waste and provide fresh, high-quality produce. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry.
We are committed to the growth and cultivation of our employee’s well-being, so that our employees feel that they are in a career environment that enables them to thrive personally and professionally. We provide an educational and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. We are proud to offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package to employees working over 30 hours a week.
- Competitive Pay
- Indoor Agriculture Environment
- A culture focused on Work/Life Balance
- Health, Dental, and Vision and very competitive contribution rates
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account
- Generous Vacation Time and 5 Sick days each year
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- Immediate access to participate in the 401(k) plan with up to 5% company match
- Basic and Voluntary Life / AD&D
- Voluntary Accident and Critical Illness coverage
- Voluntary STD/LTD
- Caregiver Support
- Training and Development
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits (includes part-time and seasonal staff)
- MarketPlace Perks at Work
- Free Employee Assistance Program services that focus on health physically, emotionally, socially, and financially.
The Maintenance Technician maintains and repairs the property and equipment. Performs and provides assistance in the installation, adjustment, maintenance, part replacement, and repair of tools, equipment, machines, and buildings. Executes various projects while creating minimal interference with production departments and processes.
Responsibilities & Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed below are representative of the essential functions, qualifications, physical demands, and the work environment encountered in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to work and perform the essential functions in this work environment.
- Observes safety protocols and if applicable, manufacturer’s instructions when performing tasks.
- Performs maintenance tasks to ensure maximum machinery and equipment uptime.
- Documents all preventive maintenance (PM), corrective maintenance (CM), and other maintenance tasks performed by him/her.
- Communicates with the Ops Manager regarding equipment and job status and previous, ongoing, and future repairs and improvements.
- Collaborates with outside contractors while they are working in the facilities.
- Performs minor repairs to building fixtures, performs minor plumbing repairs, cleans electrical fixtures and replaces bulbs, and performs touch up painting.
- Disassembles broken or defective equipment in order to facilitate repair; reassembles equipment when repairs are complete.
- Transfers tools, parts, equipment, and supplies to and from workstations and other areas.
- Adjusts, connects, or disconnects wiring, piping, tubing, and other parts, using hand tools or power tools.
- Applies protective materials to equipment, components, and parts in order to prevent defects and corrosion.
- Assembles and maintain physical structures, using hand tools or power tools.
- Cleans or lubricates vehicles, machinery, equipment, components and parts to prevent defects, and to ensure proper functioning.
- Installs or replaces machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand tools or power tools.
- Searches for, and reports to Ops Manager, any machinery, equipment, building and facility improvements while performing maintenance on them.
- Keeps equipment and work area safe, clean and orderly.
- Performs all tasks with minimal interference with production department processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Basic experience with machinery, electrical, construction and plumbing
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
(Physical demands are a general guide and specific positions will vary based on working conditions, locations and facility/department needs)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and environments both hot and cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low.
- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example: two arms, two legs or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down.
- The ability to time movements in anticipation of changes in the speed and/or direction of a moving object.
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move 10 to 25 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.