Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Job Title
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Job ID
- Leesburg, VA 20175
- Other Location
EIT (Electronic Instrumentation & Technology) is looking for a Manufacturing Process Engineer to join our team!
Who we are?
Starting in 2022, EIT is a part of the Zollner Group of companies, Europe’s market leader in the area of Electronics Manufacturing Services. EIT serves customers in the sectors of Industry, Communications, Aerospace, Defense and Healthcare.
Why you should apply:
Excellent Health Benefits, including dental and vision
401k with match
9/80 work schedule: every other Friday off
The Manufacturing Process Engineer will plan, direct and coordinate manufacturing processes on the shop floor. Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, using knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities. The Process Engineer will continuously review assembly operations for accuracy, proper methods of manufacturing and routing on the manufacturing floor.
- Prepare labor quote using an existing labor quote model.
- Prepare method of manufacturing for electronic and electromechanical assemblies.
- Create assembly work instructions and create programs for manufacturing equipment including SMT programs. Training will be provided.
- Participate and lead new production introduction activities for all electronic assemblies including SMT, through-hole and electromechanical assemblies.
- Prepare and review solder paste printing, reflow, wave solder and selective solder recipes.
- Troubleshoot and optimize manufacturing processes for ease of operation, labor and cost reduction.
- Create and design assembly panel drawing and tooling using AutoCAD and/or 3D modeling software.
- Participate in lean manufacturing activities and/or lead kaizen team.
- Bachelor's degree in industrial, mechanical or electrical engineering or two year technical associates degree and related job experience.
- 5+ years experience in technical, engineering or electronic manufacturing.
- Knowledge of MRP systems, industrial systems and/or industrial engineering.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, self-directed, and capable of interacting and communicating with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to multitask and lead / prioritize multiple projects
- Knowledge of SMT, through hole and electromechanical assemblies.
- Knowledge of small, mid and high volume electronic manufacturing processes and systems.
- Extensive knowledge of labor standards for Electronic Assemblies.
- SPC, Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, kaizen.
- Component engineering, DFM, DFT, DFX.