Production Team Lead
- Job Title
- Production Team Lead
- Job ID
- Pasco, WA 99301
- Other Location
Our mission is rooted in sustainability and in turn human welfare.
By growing local we help eliminate food waste and provide fresh, high-quality produce. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry.
We are committed to the growth and cultivation of our employee’s well-being, so that our employees feel that they are in a career environment that enables them to thrive personally and professionally. We provide an educational and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. We are proud to offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package to employees working over 30 hours a week.
- Competitive Pay
- Indoor Agriculture Environment
- A culture focused on Work/Life Balance
- Health, Dental, and Vision and very competitive contribution rates
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account
- Generous Vacation Time and 5 Sick days each year
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- Immediate access to participate in the 401(k) plan with up to 5% company match
- Basic and Voluntary Life / AD&D
- Voluntary Accident and Critical Illness coverage
- Voluntary STD/LTD
- Caregiver Support
- Training and Development
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits (includes part-time and seasonal staff)
- MarketPlace Perks at Work
- Free Employee Assistance Program services that focus on health physically, emotionally, socially, and financially.
A team leader leads, monitors, and supervises a group of employees to achieve goals that contribute to the growth of the organization. Team leaders motivate and inspire their team by creating an environment that promotes positive communication, encourages bonding of team members, and demonstrates flexibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed below are representative of the essential functions, qualifications, physical demands, and the work environment encountered in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with any other duties as assigned:
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the team.
- Motivating the team to achieve organizational goals.
- Develop and implement a timeline to achieve targets.
- Input accurate data into ERP system.
- Delegate tasks to team members.
- Conducting training of team members to maximize their potential.
- Empower team members with skills to improve their confidence, product knowledge, and communication skills.
- Contributing to the growth of the company through a successful team.
- Drive LEAN manufacturing and develop solutions to gaps.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Embrace and exhibit Local Bounti’s Core Values.
- Embraces and supports the safety culture at the facility.
- Develop a strategy that the team members can use to better reach a project’s goal.
- Assign tasks to team members.
- Determine the completion timeline and monitor progress to keep the project on track and on schedule.
- Communicate clear instructions to team members.
- Manage the flow of day-to-day operations.
- Create and distribute reports to update the company on the team’s progress.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities which includes matching staff to equipment to ensure product quality standards and production schedules are met.
- Ability to effectively communicate, in verbal and written form, with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of PPE, GMP, GFSI, SQF and Food quality processes and procedures
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively communicate and administer Local Bounti’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, interpret, apply, and communicate technical information.
- Knowledge of equipment and production processes
- Ability to communicate in English (Bilingualism a plus).
- Physical stamina.
- Attention to detail.
- Lead by example.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED certificate preferred.
- Previous experience in food production preferred.
(Physical demands are a general guide and specific positions will vary based on working conditions, locations and facility/department needs)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and environments both hot and cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example: two arms, two legs or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down.
- The ability to time movements in anticipation of changes in the speed and/or direction of a moving object.
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move 10 to 25 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.