- Job Title
- Sanitation Tech
- Job ID
- Pasco, WA 99301
- Other Location
Local Bounti is a leading controlled environment agriculture (CEA) company. Our mission is to bring our farm to your kitchen and deliver the freshest, locally-grown produce in the fewest food miles possible.
Our mission is rooted in sustainability and in turn human welfare.
By growing local we help eliminate food waste and provide fresh, high-quality produce. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry.
We are committed to the growth and cultivation of our employee’s well-being, so that our employees feel that they are in a career environment that enables them to thrive personally and professionally. We provide an educational and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. We are proud to offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package to employees working over 30 hours a week.
- Competitive Pay
- Indoor Agriculture Environment
- A culture focused on Work/Life Balance
- Health, Dental, and Vision and very competitive contribution rates
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account
- Generous Vacation Time and 5 Sick days each year
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- Immediate access to participate in the 401(k) plan with up to 5% company match
- Basic and Voluntary Life / AD&D
- Voluntary Accident and Critical Illness coverage
- Voluntary STD/LTD
- Caregiver Support
- Training and Development
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits (includes part-time and seasonal staff)
- MarketPlace Perks at Work
- Free Employee Assistance Program services that focus on health physically, emotionally, socially, and financially.
The Sanitation Tech will be responsible for cleaning production equipment, machines, and work areas in the food processing facilities. Responsible for handling and preparing cleaning chemicals, preparing sanitizers, preparing chemical concentrations, handling, and storing the chemicals, and managing chemical accidents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed below are representative of the essential functions, qualifications, physical demands, and the work environment encountered in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with any other duties as assigned:
- Reading chemical labels or Safety Data Sheets (SDS) to learn how to properly handle chemicals they will be using.
- Create and maintain an efficient, hygienic, and positive working environment.
- Promote health and safety in the workplace.
- Display good work ethic, resourcefulness, and organization
- Understand the Stand Operating Procedures and Inspection Regulations.
- Ensure quality control and efficient workflow.
- Display positive leadership.
- Documents and verifies activities supporting Local Bounti’s Food Safety & Quality Assurance Programs.
- Pay dependent on experience and skills
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Embrace and exhibit Local Bounti’s Core Values.
- Embraces and supports the safety culture at the facility.
- Must be able to respond to problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to read and understand English.
- Ability to work in a wet environment
- Must wear appropriate preventive protection equipment including, but not limited to, clothing, safety glasses and gloves when needed.
- Be able to work alone
- Be willing to learn new methods and procedures.
- Pay dependent on experience and skills
- High school diploma or GED certificate preferred
- Produce production experience preferred
(Physical demands are a general guide and specific positions will vary based on working conditions, locations and facility/department needs)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee regularly works in outside weather conditions and environments both hot and cold.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example: two arms, two legs or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down.
- The ability to time movements in anticipation of changes in the speed and/or direction of a moving object.
- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move 10 to 25 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.