Nexus Circular accelerates circularity so people and the environment thrive by leveraging technology that outperforms, operations that scale and people that deliver.
We have a viable solution today at full commercial scale. And we are on a trajectory to convert 20 billion pounds annually of hard-to-recycle plastics into circular materials by 2030 to support our global partners’ sustainability commitments.
Advanced recycling. Accelerated. Learn more at www.nexuscircular.com
- Job Title
- Process Engineer
- Job ID
- Atlanta, GA 30336
- Other Location
Nexus Circular is the commercial leader in advanced recycling technology that converts landfill-bound plastics into circular feedstocks for the production of sustainable virgin plastics for packaging and other applications. Nexus Circular’s end-to-end solution is economically validated as demonstrated by consistent bulk sales of high quality, ISCC Plus circular feedstocks for virgin plastic production. Aligned with global partners who seek proven scalable solutions to meet ambitious plastic circularity goals, Nexus Circular is rapidly expanding its innovation footprint worldwide, moving decisively to address the complex challenges of plastics accumulation in the environment.
Nexus has built an outstanding culture. We are looking for people to contribute to a fast-paced, environmentally committed business that is focused on growth and sustainability. We are very collaborative, transparent, data driven, value diverse perspectives and are looking for constructive initiatives and new ideas. We are looking for self-starters and independent thinkers who work collaboratively in teams. Given the growth stage of Nexus, we are also looking for people who are comfortable moving between strategic thinking and executing those ideas to take Nexus to the next level.
The Atlanta plant is the first of many plants for Nexus and is where we currently operate the company’s initial commercial production facility. The plant is doubling its capacity over the next few months with its next generation technology as well as extensive growth in the company overall with the building of new sites.
We are seeking an experienced, energetic, and skilled Process Engineer to provide support to our Engineering and Operations Teams to oversee the design and implementation of our company processes in our Atlanta area manufacturing facility and in our future facilities as we grow. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing process strategies, managing process resources, optimizing current processes, and maintaining process documents. This role reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Meeting with Operations to assess existing processes
- Use process simulation software to simulate most efficient production methods and troubleshooting issues
- Designing and testing new unit operations including heat exchangers, pump systems, and utility systems
- Collecting data needed to make improvements and modifications to processes
- Drafting process ideas to reduce costs and improve production rates
- Performing risk assessments
- Designing and testing process upgrades and new process systems
- Ensuring processes comply with safety and quality standards
- Performing optimization tests
- Developing routines and best practices to ensure product quality
- Developing standardized operating instructions for the upgrades process
- Providing Operations with process documents and standard operating procedures
- Monitoring upgrades systems
- Liaising with Operations, Installation Teams, and other engineers to understand plant/ process improvements that will be incorporated into site development and operation readiness efforts
- B.S Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of proven work experience as a Process Engineer supporting engineering development within the manufacturing or chemical industries
- Proven Process Engineering experience of relevant projects and supporting Project Leadership and organizations is required
- Previous experience with project development, interconnection, and permitting processes; cost estimating; construction schedules; EPC contract terms and technical exhibits will be an advantage
- Experience with Chemical manufacturing and PSM environments
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings including P&IDs
- Ability to support multiple scopes to deliver safely, on-time and within budget
- High-level knowledge of process engineering software packages (Aspen, ChemCAD, PipeSIM etc.)
- Experience working with CAD and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service-oriented mind-set
- Eligible to contribute to Company’s Traditional 401(k) and Roth 401(k) upon hire with Company Contribution
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage at 100% for employee only levels.
- Multiple comprehensive coverage levels for Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Group Health & Wellness Program, plus special savings on retail items, travel, entertainment, and more through Insperity Works
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- Basic and AD&D Life Insurance
- Voluntary benefits, including short-term and long-term disability insurance, accident, critical illness, and hospital confinement insurance.
Nexus Circular Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Nexus Circular provides reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant with a disability unless such accommodation causes undue hardship.
Statement to Third-Party Agencies: Nexus Circular only accepts resumes from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward any resumes, as Nexus Circular is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
Jodie brings over 30 years of manufacturing leadership experience, having built and led 5 companies as CEO/President and 3 of those companies with an ESG focus.
Most recently, Jodie served as the CEO of GreenMantra Technologies, a privately-held early- stage advanced recycler of waste plastics to specialty waxes. Previously, she was President of Pinova, a PE-backed manufacturer of specialty chemicals from renewable resources.
Currently, she serves on the boards of NanoXplore (TSX) and Bartek Ingredients (PE backed) and is active with The National Association of Corporate Directors and The Women Corporate Directors.
Jodie earned degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Delaware and holds an MBA in Finance from West Chester University of Pennsylvania.