Option 2: Create a New Profile
Inventory Control Specialist
- Job Title
- Inventory Control Specialist
- Job ID
- Pueblo, CO 81001
- Other Location
Job Title: Inventory Control Specialist
Business Unit: CNS, a Congruex company
Reports To: Warehouse and Materials Manager
Employment Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Compensation: $19 - $23 (per hour)
We will determine salary based on skills and experience in relation to the function of the role, as well as equity to any other employees in the same or similar role.
Networks Built Better.
Congruex is a multi-national organization that specializes in broadband network construction and engineering. We support some of the largest service providers in the United States with a footprint that extends across the nation. Our turn-key design and build solutions allow our customers to deliver more data, more bandwidth, and ultimately support more devices for their end users.
Our diverse self-perform capabilities allow us to deliver high quality telecommunications and utility solutions with efficiency as one combined end-to-end business.
Congruex is a growing collection of subsidiary operating units. Our unified vision is to be the nation’s largest end-to-end provider of network design, engineering, construction, and maintenance for broadband operators. We are One Congruex.
Our Mission & Values
It is our mission to satisfy our customers by providing the expertise, technology, and resources necessary to build better networks.
Congruex is committed to the overall health, wellness, and safety of our people. We support diversity, inclusion, and the right to live freely with mutual respect.
These values are ingrained in our core values of GRIT.
At Congruex, GRIT is an acronym for guts, reliability, improvement, and teamwork – having the GUTS to do the right thing, being RELIABLE to deliver what we promise, IMPROVING ourselves every day, and embracing TEAMWORK together as One Congruex.
The Inventory Control Specialist will coordinate the activities and operations of the warehouse. The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible to oversee the safe receipt, storage, retrieval, and timely dispatch of materials to crew workers. Maintain receiving, and shipping inventory control by overseeing physical counts and reconciling inventory levels with the data storage system. Safely and consistently demonstrate maintaining an organized yard and warehouse with strict adherence to inventory control process.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to):
- Manages day to day warehouse inventory, shipping workflow, and receives materials.
- Maintain a clean and organized warehouse and laydown yard, including storage, receiving, and shipment of finished products.
- Reviews open and closed sales orders and invoices. Implements daily production and shipping plan, arranging for excess stock to be stored in the warehouse.
- Creates and files sales orders, invoices, productivity reports, packing lists, and other documentation.
- Supports Warehouse Manager to maintains consistent and sufficient stock to meet project demands
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies. promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Operates pallet jacks, forklifts, and company vehicles in a safe manner as needed.
- Ensure correct parts are kept in the appropriate quantities to support production and assembly requirements.
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthful working environment in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Anticipate and react to shortages and changes in inventory.
- Analyze data and statistics to continually improve processes.
- Use software to track inventory characteristics, types, and movement.
- Audit processes and inventory to track performance.
- Oversee and control inventory coming in and out of the warehouse through software.
- Work with suppliers to purchase goods and build good working relationships.
- Find ways to reduce costs and optimize control procedures.
- Report findings, reports, and data to upper management
- Maintain appropriate documentation and participate in process improvements and quality improvement programs.
- Manages daily flow of finished products by modifying storage space assignments.
- Confirms the availability of items to be shipped by verifying inventory records or conducting inventories of required items.
- Identifies and reports slow-moving product and with approval, arrange for the removal of the product. Assists the operations department with fulfillment & quality control.
- Documents all related activities and completes forms and reports.
- Performs other related duties as directed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of or ability to quickly learn company product codes and terminology.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Willingness to learn new skills, software, and technologies
- Thorough understanding of warehouse policies and procedures.
- Good analytical skills and ability to make sound judgments relative to inventory.
- Valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record
- Previous experience within the construction and/or telecommunications industry.
- Have 2 - 3years of related managerial experience and/or inventory control experience.
- CDL non-restricted Preferred
- Ability to stand, stoop, squat and bend for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time and/or long distances
- Ability to navigate through potential uneven walkways/terrain
- Tolerant to extreme elements (heat, sun, wind, rain, snow, etc.)
- Good vision and depth perception (corrective lenses OK)
- Ability to sit and drive for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 10lbs minimum, and potentially up to 50lbs
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.