Java Application Developer (Remote)
- Job Title
- Java Application Developer (Remote)
- Job ID
- HOUSTON, TX 77024-4264
- Other Location
Java Application Developer (Remote)
As an industry leader in the delivery of business intelligence applications and data warehousing solutions to the chain restaurant industry, Mirus Restaurant Solutions is growing and seeks additional support for our Development team.
We are looking for a professional who has a full stack experience with at least 80% back end and 20% front end. As a successful candidate, you must be able to work with a diverse team and interact across various departments. We first and foremost look for a person who is passionate about solving business problems through innovation and best practices while preparing for the future. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. Work is non-routine and very complex.
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement.
- Write code primarily using Java, Spark Java, MVC, T-SQL that is secure, reusable and solves problems.
- Design and code new features and functionalities and/or modify existing functionalities to add new features, debug or improve existing applications, and correct defects.
- Test and maintain applications to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Troubleshoot complex application issues.
- Provide user and operational support on applications and functionality to business users.
- Working in an agile environment where we iterate quickly and frequently.
- Self-starter with the ability to identify and incorporate new technologies and methodologies into projects.
- Owns success of delivered solutions from start to finish.
- Collaborating on projects and objectives with other developers and designers.
- Mentor team members on best practices and newer technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or a minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience in an Enterprise IT environment.
- Experience designing and developing solutions with Java Platform Enterprise Edition (J2EE) in an Agile Software Development environment.
- Self-directed team player that thrives in a continuously changing environment.
- Strong analysis and application troubleshooting experience and strong attention to detail.
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects simultaneously to a high standard.
- An ambitious developer with the ability to learn through on the job experience.
- Advise on and provide alternative (out of the box) solutions for projects and development team goals.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience and proficient with the following: Java.
- Experience with Spark Java and/or RESTful framework a plus.
- 3+ years of experience with MS SQL (T-SQL).
- Hands on experience in RESTful, JSON, XML.
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, and automated testing tools.
- Experience with Docker Containers and Docker Compose.
- Experience with web and application servers such as Apache and Tomcat.
- Experience in Linux / Shell Scripting.
- Experience with Typescript, Node, CSS, is a plus.
- Experience with Intellij, JIRA, Subversion.
- Experience with mobile development, including iOS and Android, is a plus.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation of $90,000- $120,000 annually and an extensive benefits package, including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.