Seasonal History Assistant
- Job Title
- Seasonal History Assistant
- Job ID
- Newark, OH 43056
- Other Location
The Dawes Arboretum is hiring a Seasonal History Assistant to provide historical interpretation, including museum tours and other public-facing educational activities. The Daweswood House Museum is a historic house that highlights the lives of our co-founders, Beman and Bertie Dawes. The History Center is an exhibit space that showcases Arboretum history.
- Lead tours of the Daweswood House Museum.
- Staff and monitor History Center exhibit space.
- Lead engagement opportunities including pop-up programs.
- Assist with programs, archival inventory, relocation and photography of historical objects as needed.
- High school diploma/general education degree (GED), or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- An understanding and appreciation for public history.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and interpersonal) for confident public speaking.
- Ability to work weekends and some holidays.
- Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
- June 3, 2023, through October 19, 2023 (400 hours for 20 weeks.)
- Hours are 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (EST), Wednesday through Sunday.
This is a non-exempt, seasonal position, with a rate of pay of $15.00/hour.
- Pay Range
- $15.00 Hourly to $15.00 Hourly