Help Me Grow Care Coordinator (Polk)
- Job Title
- Help Me Grow Care Coordinator (Polk)
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Lakeland, FL 33804
- Other Location
- Polk County
This position is located in Polk County, granted funded until June 2024, and is subject to renewal.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE:
Help Me Grow is a unique program that addresses the need for early identification of developmental and/or behavioral concerns. The Help Me Grow Care Coordinator links children and their families to community-based services and supports while providing case management and supportive services.
- Respond to calls from parents, caregivers, providers, and professionals pertaining to developmental, behavioral, or learning concerns of children.
- Process incoming developmental screenings; interpret results of screenings, and deliver results and offer referrals if a concern is identified.
- Evaluate program participants’ needs, assess their situation, and connect them with services through appropriate referrals, advocate as needed, and provide care coordination and follow-up.
- Provide short-term case management services to program participants.
- Document narratives and statistical records accurately on all referrals for the Help Me Grow.
- Conduct data entry into the STAR Database.
- Provide reports to Program Manager on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Participate in HMG meetings, conference calls, and community outreach events.
- Support HFUW’s emergency response work as needed and assigned by working before, during, or after an emergency as needed. May temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of the position, location, and work schedule as needed.
- Contribute to the overall organizational success by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Mission Focused: Create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
- Relationship-Oriented: Cultivate and manage relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understand the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand-Steward: Steward of the brand and understands the role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relating to health and human services or Early Childhood or equivalent preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Case management experience preferred; prior experience with social services preferred.
- Multilingual preferred (Spanish and/ or Creole proficient).
- Excellence in communication, including written and verbal required.
- Work requires excellent reading, writing, and proofreading skills. Must be able to edit, complete, and assemble reports.
- Must be able to prioritize a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong existing computer skills with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, as well as general Internet and electronic communications.
Physical demands include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, bending, occasional lifting of items weighing up to approximately 30 pounds, regularly moving throughout the building between floors, traveling to outside meetings, regular use of standard office equipment such as the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration. Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required as this position will travel throughout the Central Florida area. Job involves frequent and routinely intense public contact.
- Pay Range
- $20.00 None to $0.00 None