Help Me Grow Coordinator (Orange, Seminole)
- Job Title
- Help Me Grow Coordinator (Orange, Seminole)
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- ORLANDO, FL 32804
- Other Location
- Orange and Seminole Counties
This position is located in Orange and Seminole Counties, granted funded until June 2024, and is subject to renewal.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE:
Help Me Grow (HMG) is a unique program that addresses the need to identify developmental and/or behavioral concerns early. The Help Me Grow Coordinator works under the general supervision of the Help Me Grow Program Manager to provide administrative support and outreach activities as a member of the Help Me Grow team.
While each position is measured on individual outputs, collaboration, and coordination are critical elements of Strategic Impact and Community Engagement, where success is realized by the overall organizational impact goals resulting from resources raised by the department.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Help Me Grow and local systems and services focused on early childhood development and special health care needs, as well as the eligibility, referral, and application processes for these services.
- Conduct extensive Help Me Grow outreach and education activities in the assigned counties.
- Identify a minimum of three (3) new physicians and other healthcare providers per month for Help Me Grow outreach activities.
- Market Help Me Grow to physicians and other child healthcare providers quarterly through direct mailings and follow up with office staff about how Help Me Grow Florida (HMGF) can assist with screenings and/or referrals.
- Schedule and conduct a minimum of two (2) Child Healthcare Provider Outreach activities each month for physicians and other healthcare providers (presentations and the distribution of materials).
- Identify and refer physicians and other healthcare providers to the HMG program manager for educational sessions and trainings as a part of scheduled Child Healthcare Provider Outreach activities.
- Conduct a minimum of two (2) Family and Community Outreach activities per month (i.e., distribution of HMGF materials, HMGF presentations, HMGF participation at children and family events, health and resource fairs, and related activities).
- Represent and increase awareness of Help Me Grow services at interagency networking meetings with other community organizations.
- Provide referrals to the HMG Care Coordinators.
- Distribute information and marketing materials monthly that promote parent and community knowledge of the issues and resources to support the health and development of young children and inform the community of what Help Me Grow is and how it can assist families with their child’s development.
- Host a minimum of two (2) in-person Books, Balls, and Blocks (BBB) HMGF community screening events annually.
- Update and post to social media accounts (such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) a minimum of two (2) unique social media posts per month.
- Ensure all outreach activities (number and type of outreach activities conducted with families, caregivers, community, health providers, service/agency providers, and number of participants) are documented as instructed.
- Support the maintenance and utilization of Help Me Grow databases (including the HMG STAR Database) in accordance with accrediting bodies, user requirements, and national standards.
- Participate in conference calls, meetings, webinars, and additional training related to Help Me Grow program.
- Provide support to various meetings convened by Help Me Grow, including scheduling meetings, booking videoconferencing/meeting rooms, sending calendar invitations, managing attendance, preparing materials, preparing and breaking down meeting space, managing attendance, and developing minutes.
- Provide statistical reports, word processing, duplication, and distribution of memorandums, reports correspondence, brochures, and training materials as necessary.
- Prepare, review, proofread, and format paper and electronic correspondence, including letters, agendas, annotated agendas, and presentations. Seek approvals and signatures when necessary.
- Participate in quarterly affiliate team collaboration meetings to gain updates and training from the HMGF State Coordinating Office as required.
- Ensure all HMG files, plans, charts, inventories, questionnaires, logs, budgets, and reports are saved on HFUW’s SharePoint.
- Work alternative shifts and/or schedules as needed and assigned.
- Support HFUW’s emergency response work as needed and assigned by working before, during, or after an emergency as needed. May temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of the position, location, and work schedule as needed.
- Contribute to the overall organizational success by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Mission Focused: Create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
- Relationship-Oriented: Cultivate and manage relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understand the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand-Steward: Steward of the brand and understands the role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma required. Associate's degree in a field relating to health and human services or Early Childhood or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Prior experience relating to health education or community health initiatives, with an emphasis on programmatic measurements and outcomes preferred.
- Public speaking and relationship development skills and experience strongly preferred.
- Data editing and data processing skills and experience required.
- Customer service skills and experience required.
- Experience in developing information products desirable.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups required.
- Multilingual preferred (Spanish and/ or Creole proficient).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint required. Familiarity with web-based databases preferred.
- Knowledge of geographic locations within service areas.
Physical demands include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, bending, occasional lifting of items weighing up to approximately 30 pounds, regularly moving throughout the building between floors, traveling to outside meetings, regular use of standard office equipment such as the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration. Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required as this position will travel throughout the Central Florida area. Job involves frequent and routinely intense public contact.
Heart of Florida United Way offers a very extensive benefits package for full-time employees that we are very proud to share with you!
Medical Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision) – on the 1st day and HFUW pays 80% of your premium.
Company-Paid Benefits – HFUW provides all full-time employees with the opportunity to enroll in short-term & long-term disability insurance, as well as $50,000 in life insurance, all 100% paid by HFUW.
401k w/ Company Contribution – not only does your 401k start on the 1st of the month following your start date, but after 1 year of employment and 1000 hours worked, you will receive 5% contribution from HFUW, regardless of your personal contribution to your plan.
Paid Time Off – HFUW offers an extensive amount of time off so you can focus on your personal health, family priorities, and work-life balance. Full-time employees start accruing vacation time (2 weeks your 1st year), sick time (1 day/mo.), and personal time (2 days/year) off upon hire, with generous carry over and accruals.
- Pay Range
- $20.00 None to $0.00 None