Anatomic Pathology Services Manager
- Job Title
- Anatomic Pathology Services Manager
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire an Assistant Manager, Anatomic Pathology Services who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Assistant Manager of Anatomic Pathology Services:
- Develops, evaluates, implements, and monitors the Laboratory Quality Assessment and Improvement Programs.
- Conducts laboratory orientations for new employees, familiarizing them with laboratory operations including critical safety issues with respect to chemical exposure.
- Evaluates and monitors the Proficiency Testing Program.
- Participates in department activities relating to licensure and accreditation inspections.
- Monitors panic/exception, laboratory turnaround reports and initiates corrective action as required.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelors of Science degree in one of the Biological Sciences, with a registry by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), or an equivalent registry.
- Five (5) years of progressive work experience in an accredited laboratory with at least three (3) years in one of the Anatomic Pathology disciplines.
- Two (2) or more years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer experience with MAGIC and Microsoft applications is preferred.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
- Required Skills
Ability to delegate responsibility when necessary
Ability to direct laboratory staff on professional aspects of medical laboratory practices
Ability to develop and prepare operating budgets
Knowledge of work analysis and goal development
Knowledge of the procurement process for equipment, supplies and services.