Putting People First
At Apex, we believe that our success begins with our people, and we are committed to helping our employees develop and advance their careers. We work with our talent to identify their strengths, understand what motivates them, encourage their success, and reward them for that success!
We take a genuine interest in the future of our talent—encouraging them to acquire broader and deeper skill sets through a variety of learning and training opportunities. Their new skills and knowledge ultimately provide growth for our employees and for the company, and this opens avenues where new ideas can be applied.
Exciting challenges and growth opportunities lie ahead. Apply now and come grow with us!
RECRUITMENT FRAUD ALERT:
We have received reports of employment scams that seek financial commitments/confidential information from job candidates. Unsuspecting job seekers have reported unsolicited contacts by phone, email, or text from individuals purporting to be or represent Apex employees. All open Apex positions are listed on our Careers Opportunities page below. Apex jobs applications are received through our Career Opportunities page and Apex's text-to-apply app (text to 25000) only. Be wary of solicitations from external parties requesting funds or confidential information.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Apex Companies, LLC (Apex) does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings to our career sites or to any employees of Apex or its affiliates. Apex is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Senior Industrial Hygiene Consultant
- Job Title
- Senior Industrial Hygiene Consultant
- Job ID
- Seattle, WA 98101
- Other Location
Position: Senior Industrial Hygiene Consultant
Industry: Science Technical
Location: Seattle, WA
Apex Companies, LLC seeks candidates for a full-time, experienced certified industrial hygienist (CIH) or certified-eligible, in the Pacific Northwest area to provide exposure assessment services to local, regional, and national clients. Candidate will be responsible for performing and managing projects. Responsibilities may include preparing proposals and industrial hygiene sampling plans, working with industrial hygienists under your direction, and writing and reviewing reports. Must be capable of researching and accurately referencing standards (e.g., WA DOSH, OSHA, ACGIH, etc.) and have a working knowledge of health and safety regulations and best practices. Strong interpersonal and writing skills are necessary. OSHA and previous consulting experience are preferred. Training skills are a plus.
As a Senior Industrial Hygiene Consultant:You will be responsible for evaluating workplace health exposure risks for a wide variety of clients in various industries. Qualified candidates should have experience performing the following tasks:
- Conduct qualitative exposure assessments, including basic characterization, identification of similar exposure groups, and development of sampling plans.
- Plan and conduct industrial hygiene sampling surveys for chemical, physical and biological hazards.
- Interpret exposure monitoring results and develop appropriate recommendations to control exposures.
- Author detailed technical reports supported with sampling, analysis, and/or evaluation data; citation of applicable references, and recommendations for any necessary abatement.
- Recognize and investigate the potential for health effects associated with chemical agents without authoritative occupational exposure limits.
- Defines fundamental concepts of inferential and deterministic statistics in order to select appropriate statistical tools (both parametric and non-parametric) to determine exposure outcomes.
- Applies statistical techniques to analyze exposure trends over time.
- Defines strategies for ongoing exposure monitoring to assure timely identification of deviations in exposure profiles and to ensure controls continue to be effective.
- Assesses compliance with state and/or federal health-based standards.
- Develops and presents industrial hygiene training programs at client sites.
- Supports the performance of indoor environmental quality investigations.
Why you'll love working for us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, or other related field.
- 5-10 years of experience providing environmental consulting services including technical writing, technical oversight, and project management.
- Eligible to earn certification in the comprehensive practice of industrial hygiene (CIH) from the American Board of Industrial Hygiene.
- Ability to mentor and train staff.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
- Strong safety awareness and a good record and understanding of safe work practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant, Olivia, will get you connected with our hiring team today or visit http://www.workatapexcos.com.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Option 1: Create a New Profile
This careers page is maintained and operated by Source2.