SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN 1 (Remote)
- Job Title
- SERVICE DESK TECHNICIAN 1 (Remote)
- Job ID
- Augusta, GA 30904
- Other Location
Our client is focused on hiring the right people, in the right jobs, to help them continue to grow and move forward in creating a new level of service in the IT industry. Do you have what it takes to join the team? With decades of combined experience in the IT and cybersecurity space, their leadership team thrives on helping their clients solve their most complex IT challenges.
- Client Oriented - They are nothing without their clients.
- Operationally Excellent - Strive for Perfection. Obtain Excellence.
- Relational and Compassionate – Support their clients’ mission through friendly service.
- See Things to Completion - Take the first step and finish what you start.
- Integrity, Always do the Right Thing - Do the right thing, even when no one is looking. Win trust.
- Committed to Team - Strive to meet your personal, team, and company goals.
- Accountable to one another and the clients - They’re counting on you, and so are their clients.
Service Desk Technician 1
Our client’s clients rely on the IT services they provide so they can serve their customers/clients, employ their staff, and add value to their communities. Increasing client confidence through timely, professional, friendly, and knowledgeable remote-support service is paramount to being the IT Leader we strive to be. Additionally, our client depends on the efficiency of Service Desk members to keep costs low. The purpose of the Service Desk Technician 1 is to provide client-centered, efficient, and effective level 1 remote support to clients. You will help minimize downtime and the impact of disruptions in client IT environments by providing rapid effective response to reported issues with an emphasis on issues reported via phone. Further, you will play a critical role in building client trust by serving as a primary client interface in the reporting and resolution of client technical issues.
Your work will be performed remotely at this time. Following the re-opening of the offices after the pandemic, this position will be based out of Augusta, GA office.
This is a full-time position for five, eight-hour days (40 hours total) per week. A one-hour lunch break is provided. Our client provides 24x7x365 coverage, so shift times may vary depending on need. Expected shift will be communicated in advance.
- Receive, classify, and triage incidents and simple requests. Emphasis on Inbound Call Handling.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents to return service to clients as quickly as possible.
- Implement low risk, well-understood changes that are requested by end-users.
- Follow standard operating procedures as documented in the Knowledge Management System.
- Work with the team and escalate as needed with the assistance of management.
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies through ongoing education.
- Maintain and update system documentation and event records.
- Must have at least a high school diploma or GED.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional IT Service Management (ITSM) experience is required.
- Must have at least 1 certification from vendors such as Apple, CompTIA, or Microsoft.
- Associate degree or better is preferred.
- MSP experience is preferred.
Abilities, Attributes, and Knowledge
- Able to function effectively in a high-paced environment.
- Able to understand the perspective of the client in all service interactions.
- Makes effective use of time and complete tasks efficiently and on time.
- Able to work with a team, communicate effectively, and have high attention to detail.
- Meets client and corporate expectations for attendance, quality, and performance.
- Must have intermediate experience with each of the following:
- System hardware, software, and operating systems
- Active Directory and Group Policy administration
- Must have basic experience with each of the following:
- Cloud solutions such as Office 365 and Google Apps
- Networking concepts such as TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP
- Experience with each of the following is a plus but not required:
- Switches, firewalls, and advanced infrastructure
- Cloud-based data-centers such as Azure and AWS
- Server applications such as SQL Server and RDS
- Voice technologies and phone systems
Our client wants to be fully invested in the growth and well-being of their employees. They offer the following benefits to their staff at all locations:
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.