Chief Executive Officer
- Job Title
- Chief Executive Officer
- Job ID
- AUSTIN, TX 78702
- Other Location
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
About our client
It’s time for exploration to evolve. Emerging technologies and collaborative tools open new pathways to working faster, smarter, and more efficiently. This opportunity inspired our client to assemble a world-class collective of global innovators working together to launch breakthrough products that redefine the world of exploration.
Our client is a group of scientists, designers, developers, and entrepreneurs creating new products that reimagine exploration. Their studio is a new endeavor to break down the silos of traditional R&D. They apply a collaborative approach to innovation, by bringing together internal and external expertise, resources, and talent to create fresh perspectives and ideas.
What you’ll do:
Our client is seeking a strategic, collaborative, and inspiring leader for its management team who can quickly evaluate the business, implement operating policies and procedures, and define the strategic vision. As the ideal candidate, you must have previous startup and corporate leadership experience with a proven track record for effective team management. You must also have the ability to grow a disruptive, high-growth technology startup and be able to recommend differentiated product offerings.
You will be responsible for:
- Maintain the mission and vision for the company by defining the overall strategy from launch to scale, driving growth by achieving short and long-term goals with an eye on profitability and product line value
- Ability to gel with and lead current Studio X team. Create a culture of psychological safety, positive collaboration and trust. Lead and inspire the team to achieve more
- Strong strategic and disruptive thinking, with proven track record. Ability to quickly understand a new industry and identify new valuable business model studio X and Shell could capitalize on
- Strong communication skills: ability to engage with and inspire Shell stakeholders to ensure strategic alignment and continued funding. Ability to do the same with industry and broader Studio X ecosystem partners to influence without authority, to create coalitions and deliver value in novel ways that redefine competitive landscape
Build Great Talent and Teams
- Attract, retain and cultivate a high-performing, agile, one-team culture by creating an environment of empowerment, positive morale, and trust and ability to manage complexity
- Provide expert guidance to all functional areas, including operations, partnerships and product development
Execute with Excellence
- Drive day-to-day operations that align resources and key priorities and manage operation and governance risks
- Own P&L and cash flow, manage burn rate while growing the business ahead of market disruptions
- Win in the Marketplace
- Drive continuous improvement of company strategy via in-depth market analysis and risk management
- Manage competition and threats in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of financial structure, capital strategy and strategic priorities
Disrupt and Innovate
- Continue to develop the business model ahead of the market
- Build strategic alliances and partnerships with other organizations
- Mobilize Stakeholders
- Regularly report updates and collaborate with the Board of Directors and corporate stakeholders regarding progress on strategic priorities
- Inspire by Meaning and Purpose
- Serve as chief external spokesperson speaking on behalf of the company with shareholders, government entities, and the public
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution and relevant Master’s or Graduate degree (MBA preferred)
- 10+ years of experience (within last 7 years) leading and growing a technology, start-ups, multi product business, preferably with 30+ employees or more, P&L responsibilities at CEO level or head of significant BU
- Able to manage product development, deployment, and support in the open market
- Fluency with latest technology developments in cloud, ML, and imaging spaces
- Able to operate and interface between consumer market and large corporation, to navigate the complexities associated with this venture positioning
- Integrity by demonstrates honesty and strong values through consistent action. Diplomatic and Consensus-Builder.
What our client offers you:
Our client is looking for brilliant, dedicated people who thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. They offer great benefits along with the fun and excitement of a startup, all headquartered in Austin’s most eclectic neighborhood.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.