Health & Welfare Benefits Specialist
- Job Title
- Health & Welfare Benefits Specialist
- Job ID
- Kingwood, TX 77339
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 35 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
Health & Welfare Benefits Specialist
We are currently seeking a Health & Welfare Benefits Specialist to join our team.
This position is responsible for interpreting policies and procedures of the Insperity Benefits Plans and Programs, Supplemental benefits and wellness resources to resolve escalated, complex benefits issues along with ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Under moderate supervision and moderate decision-making:
· Provides assistance and support to all organizational levels, internally and externally, in the interpretation and the resolution of questions and escalated issues related to the product offerings and benefit programs included in the Group Health Plan, Welfare Benefits Plan, Cafeteria Plan, Health Savings Program, State Disability and Flexible Spending Arrangement Plans, Commuter benefits and supplemental offerings.
· Analyzes benefits information supplied by clients and employees and researches discrepancies in the application of that data.
· Researches and formulates responses making independent judgments to escalated benefits issues including support for the decision while solidifying the value proposition to the client.
· Acts as a consultative resource to talk through scenarios and provide potential solutions to internal service providers, clients and worksite employees to provide the best client experience.
· Interprets benefit plans, related policies and guidelines pertaining to the Product offerings, programs, benefits and services.
· Maintains knowledge of federal, state and local benefit administration laws, regulations and best practices including, but not limited to ERISA, HIPAA, IRC Section 125, and DOL.
· Identifies and alerts appropriate internal departments with information pertinent to vendor / carrier updates / issues / errors.
· Maintains working relationships with all Health and Welfare product vendors, partners with Legal and Centers of Excellence, and acts as a liaison between Health & Welfare Services and Sales, Service, Payroll and the Contact Center to ensure a high level of service to clients.
· Serves as liaison with outside benefit providers to resolve escalated issues, identify root cause and trends, determine alternative solutions.
· Develops and maintains job aides on current internal processes. Identifies changes in procedures that improve the quality, efficiency, and customer experience in the delivery and administration of benefits.
· Provides project assistance under the guidance of the team Manager including developing test case scenarios and performing testing.
· Maintains accurate and complete documentation of all inquiries. Identify, document and report all repetitive questions and/or problems and recommend potential solutions.
· Assists with the annual corporate onsite events such as flu shots and Benefit Expo.
· Coordinates client requests for onsite clinics and training requests through Insperity vendors. Creates client census files to support these requests, as needed.
· Provides support to clients on available wellness resources through Insperity vendors.
· Responsible for administrative processes related to Client Sponsored Plans to ensure compliance.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
· Three to five years of experience in related field is required. Prior Insperity Benefits Representative experience strongly preferred.
CEBS designation preferred.
· Ability to communicate and present ideas effectively, clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing and maintain effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
· Proficient in benefits administration and practices including state mandates and federal regulations resulting in accurate compliance with benefit laws and regulations for Insperity and the client.
· Ability to service customers in a team environment.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and activities in an efficient and timely manner.
· Demonstrated ability to consistently follow-up on client and internal requests.
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs (intermediate required; advanced preferred) and demonstrated ability to learn other application programs as needed.
· Ability to conduct complex analysis and formulate conclusions using analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skillsContinuous improvement mindset: ability to identify, recommend and improve current processes
Yes, up to 10% of time
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.