Canning Technician I-Craft Beer
- Job Title
- Canning Technician I-Craft Beer
- Job ID
- Northbrook, IL
- Other Location
Canning Technician – Craft Beer
Forged in the fires of kettles and cooled in the depths of cellars, our client was born with a deep desire to foster a new era in the craft beer industry, paving the way for small and middle-market breweries to offer a superior level product on a competitive platform.
Over the years our client has grown to become a team comprised of prominent industry leaders and operational experts. They pride themselves on the work that they do, the value that they provide to their customers, and the business that they represent. They continue to set the bar higher for themselves and strive to achieve greater standards every day.
This is the perfect opportunity for craft beer enthusiasts looking to get a start in the beer industry. This is an entry level position which requires the employee to start learning the various functions of the canning operation. This position requires someone dependable and hardworking to assist on canning runs. The position offers hands-on training and tremendous growth potential to move through the various technician stages.
- Transport and set up/take down of heavy equipment in a box truck to and/or from canning runs
- Learn chemical mixing and sanitation procedures
- Ensure a steady flow of cans to the line throughout the day
- Set up and troubleshoot equipment such as labeler and date coder
- Maintain consistent quality checks
- Keep the equipment clean and up to IHC standards
- Fully understand company policies and rules
- Collaborate with the other technicians and brewery staff
- Safely and efficiently operate heavy packaging machinery
- Understanding of mechanics
- Ability to learn other functions while working on the depalletizer
- Ability to Multitask
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to pull 150-lb. pallets of cans, push the 800-lb. wheeled canning line into place, stay on your feet for lengthy 8-12-hour shifts (federal/state law lunch breaks required), and perform other physical tasks as required
- Flexible Schedule: Every week is different, depending on the breweries scheduled. Long hours and overnight stays are common
- Hardworking: Pride in your work, self-motivation, attention to detail, and a positive attitude are all essential
- Quick Learner: There is a lot to learn as our procedures and processes are always improving
- Beer Knowledge: Home brewing or brewery experience is a big plus, as is a general appreciation for great craft beer
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 4-year college degree preferred
- One year of packing machine operator experience preferred.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.