Carrier Sales Representative
- Job Title
- Carrier Sales Representative
- Job ID
- Cumming, GA 30041
- Other Location
Carrier Sales Representative
Located in Cumming, GA, our client is a leading Supply Chain and Logistics Management Company that provides best in class transportation services and technology solutions for their clients. Their goal is to build strong, enduring relationships with all involved parties, whether it is a client, carrier and/or supply chain partner.
As the Carrier Sales Representative, you will help the business achieve its goals through strategic sales activities including managing freight shipments from booking, pickup, and delivery; providing, and negotiating freight rates; building carrier relationships; and leveraging knowledge of the industry to influence the decision-making process. You will also be responsible for soliciting new carriers that meet the Company's carrier compliance policy. This also includes cultivating relationships with carriers to establish core carriers whenever possible.
- Initiate sales calls to prospective or current carriers
- Source and procure carrier services on a spot or transactional basis to ensure timely pick-up and delivery of customer freight
- Schedule pickup and delivery and dispatch drivers in accordance with established procedures
- Establish and maintain relationships with carriers to expand capacity opportunities
- Maintain continuous communication with carriers and customers to ensure a high-quality freight movement process
- Investigate Bills of Lading and Proofs of Delivery for product overage, shortage, and damage, and complete the appropriate documentation, when needed
- Maintain and update accurate information in company’s operating systems
- Provide knowledge on industry trends and best practices to provide solutions that add value and efficiencies
- Collaborate with team members to secure the terms of sale
- Understand carriers’ transportation needs by identifying business, negotiating rates, and discussing expectations and services
- Succeed at heavy price and service negotiation with carriers
- Work in conjunction with our current sales team, carrier management team and customer service representatives in company growth
- Track and manage many shipments throughout the US
- Manage performance expectations through carrier account metrics
- Communicate with carriers to schedule, track, and resolve issues with speed and accuracies
- Occasional Weekend and after-hours work are required
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ experience in carrier sales, freight, transportation, third-party logistics, or related field
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Proficient in using Windows based computer and Transportation Management and Trucking Software
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, and influence others
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Flexible; able to change focus quickly to meet demands of market conditions and company needs
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive base salary and extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to:
Our client is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.