Manager of Telecommunications
- Job Title
- Manager of Telecommunications
- Job ID
- Washington DC, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Manager of Telecommunications who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Manager of Telecommunications:
- Supervise a team of Customer Information Specialists and Telecommunication Specialist[s].
- Accountable for the 24/7 service that responds to and forwards calls received at the Hospital’s main phone number.
- Accountable for the operations of the Telecommunication switches and all wired phones, cell phones, other communication. devices, low voltage systems, including but not limited to Nurse Call systems.
- Manage the inventory of telecommunication devices and issues/collects equipment when requested.
- Project Management
- Vendor Management
- Manages all tickets assigned to Telecommunication team members.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Management, IT, or similar field.
- At least three (3) years of managerial experience. Direct supervisory experience is required.
- Experience in a healthcare setting.
- Experience in overseeing a call center is a plus.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Overseeing 24/7 operations is a plus.
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience are required.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Management, IT, or similar field.
• At least three (3) years of managerial experience. Direct supervisory experience is required.
• Experience in a healthcare setting.
• Experience in overseeing a call center is a plus
• Project management experience is a plus
• Overseeing 24/7 operations is a plus
• Three (3) years of supervisory experience required.