Clinical Nurse - Department: Operating Room
- Job Title
- Clinical Nurse - Department: Operating Room
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Registered Nurse for our Operating Room who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
- Two 8-hour days (0630-1500)
- Two 12-hour days (0630-1900)
- On-call and weekends
The Registered Nurse:
- Demonstrates competency in clinical skills, bedside manner, infection control, physiological knowledge, administering medication, medical teamwork, multi-tasking, listening, verbal communication, health promotion and maintenance.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills. Demonstrates willingness to learn. Knowledge of professional nursing and biopsychosocial principles, theories, concepts, and their adaptation to nursing practice.
- Knowledge of pharmacology of various drugs and their therapeutic and adverse actions and complications. Competence in both oral and written English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Associates Degree in Nursing Required.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
- Maintains active American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Maintains active American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- CNOR preferred.
- At least 18 months clinical experience in acute care nursing, surgical operating room.
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation and sick leave and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Associates Degree in Nursing Required.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
Maintains active American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Maintains active American Heart Association Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
At least 18 months clinical experience in acute care nursing, surgical operating room.