Executive Assistant (Local remote)
- Job Title
- Executive Assistant (Local remote)
- Job ID
- ALEXANDRIA, VA 22307-1159
- Other Location
Executive Assistant – Local Remote
About Our Client:
Every mission launched, every change for the better starts with passion and determination. It’s the spark that drives our client’s work and stands behind all that they do. A research and analytics company, our client leverages proven principles from communication and behavioral sciences—powered by a next-generation analytics engine—to help solve evolving global challenges. They are focused on mission-driven work that they truly believe in and building a team that can bring their vision to life.
About Your Role:
As the ideal Executive Assistant, you must have experience in business development and supporting executive level leadership. Business development experience includes understanding business development lifecycles, collaborating with cross-functional teams – from creative, IT and production to product marketing and legal – to produce effective promotional materials, and implementing customer relationship management systems. You must have a track record of providing comprehensive support through strategic planning and demonstrable organizational skills.
Our client will rely on you to be responsible for providing wide-ranging support to the CEO and COO and managing the organization’s office operations. This is a dynamic role requires you to have the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. This is an outstanding opportunity for you, as a motivated self-starter, to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a growing organization. You must enjoy working alongside a growing department of critical thinkers, strategists, researchers, analysts, innovators and engineers who are solving some of the biggest challenges in research and analysis.
With a primary responsibility of supporting the CEO and COO, you will aid the executive team as directed to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently. Additional duties will include:
- Assist with special projects; design and produce complex reports, documents, proposals, and presentations; collect and prepare information for meetings with staff and outside parties; compose and proofread correspondence; maintain contact lists; make travel arrangements; and complete expense and mileage reports.
- Manage scheduling for the CEO and COO. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Leadership team. Arrange and handle all logistics for meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the executive team, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect team’s style and organization policy.
- Work closely with the executive team to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the executive team updated. Anticipate the CEO and/or COO’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Coordinate all executive team meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
- Work with the executive team to coordinate the CEO’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made by the CEO to assist in cultivating relationships.
- Manage all aspects of organization’s office services. Evaluate and assist in developing office policies and procedures for improved workflow and anticipate future needs as the organization grows. Assist in the selection of vendors and purchase equipment, services, and supplies necessary for operation of organization.
- Organize team communications and plan events, both internally and offsite as requested.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
You Should Possess:
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
- 5+ years of significant executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives.
- Expert proficiency with Google Workspace, Slack, and Zoom.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office and desktop publishing software; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including executives, senior leaders, staff, and funded partners.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- Familiarity with U.S. Government acquisitions and budget management is a plus.
- Experience in developing marketing strategies and supporting a marketing team a plus.
Your Location and Travel:
You need to be based in Washington, D.C., Maryland, or Virginia. Your role may be performed from your chosen location within that geographic area, as long as you are available for in-person meetings at clients’ offices as requested. Occasional domestic travel (less than 10%) may be required based on operational needs.
What Our Client Provide You:
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive salary, generous and flexible paid time off policy, comprehensive health, dental, and vision benefits, and a retirement plan with company match.
Our client is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.