Bilingual Patient Care Coordinator/Medical Assistant, Spanish and English - Goodyear Office
- Job Title
- Bilingual Patient Care Coordinator/Medical Assistant, Spanish and English - Goodyear Office
- Job ID
- Goodyear, AZ 85395
- Other Location
Arizona Kidney Disease and Hypertension Center (AKDHC) is one of the nation's largest groups of physicians specializing in the care of patients with renal disease. Since 1976, we have enjoyed the trust of patients and the respect of the community throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area and across Arizona. We are a professional medical association consisting of physicians and other vital support staff. We are seeking Bilingual Patient Care Coordinator/Medical Assistants to join our team. To learn more about us, please visit our website: www.akdhc.com
Bilingual Patient Care Coordinator/Medical Assistant, Spanish and English - Goodyear Office - AKDHC
Under the direction of the Office Coordinator, the Bilingual Patient Care Coordinator/Medical Assistant, Spanish and English will be responsible for performing general medical assistant functions in support of the care and treatment of patients while providing assistance to all office personnel as needed.
- Perform patient care activities, such as back-office check-in, check-out, prescription refills, anemia, and iron management, administer injections, schedule procedures and provide patient education.
- Schedule and process 24-hour blood pressure monitoring.
- Interview patients, measure vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height; and update medication list; record information in patients’ charts/EMR to include urine tests per Clinitek.
- Notify physician of changes in patient’s clinical status and/or abnormal test results.
- Draw patient’s blood, collect urine samples, and process specimens for courier transport.
- Monitor and optimize allotted time slots in all schedules utilizing the available programs/reports.
- Complete clerical tasks including but not limited to distributing mail and reports, filing, scanning, scheduling, data input, answering phones, and general support to all office personnel.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and prioritize and complete day-to-day activities.
- Maintain office equipment, office, and medical supplies through efficient inventory management.
- Process Hospital Disposition Reports.
- Process Recall Reports and mail recall and no-show letters to patients; follow up with patients and/or primary care physicians as needed.
- Monitor dictation process by maintaining accurate dictation logs, ensuring physician review and signature, mailing report, and scanning dictation into patient files.
- Process medical record requests for patients, referring physician offices, and attorneys by adhering to HIPAA regulations to ensure HPI.
- Assist in the annual purging process of patient charts.
- May be required to report to alternate AKDHC worksites, as directed.
- Current certification as a Medical Assistant preferred or a diploma or certificate from a recognized course of study for preparing Medical Assistants
- Fluent capabilities in speaking and writing Spanish and English are required
- Excellent customer service and communication skills for interfacing with patients, staff, and outside vendors
- 1-2 years front/back office experience preferred
- Ability to support a pleasant, positive, and cooperative teamwork environment
- The successful candidate must be able to use a stethoscope, computer, scanner, printer, telephone, fax and copier.
- The ability to multi-task and lift and/or move 50 pounds is essential.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.