- Job Title
- Dental Receptionist
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on a Historically Black University campus. It has created a superior learning environment with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Dental Receptionist who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Dental Receptionist:
- Serves as the first point of contact for patients visiting the Dental center. Receives and greets all patients and collects information for a dental visit.
- Answers questions regarding dental services via phone and/or in-person.
- Makes appointments for dental patients.
- Verifies dental insurance covering and co-payments.
- Creates dental patient treatment records.
- Maintains the daily records of patient accounts.
- Collects co-payments.
- Orders office supplies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (Competencies):
- Knowledge of dental terminology, dental procedures, and Dental center policy
- Working knowledge of various dental insurance plans, fee schedules, and insurance verification
- Familiarity with working in a doctor/dentist office environment
- Ability to create and maintain accurate file records
- Ability to work well as a member of a team. Play a vital role in the operational success of the entire Dental center
- Ability to handle a high-stress environment in a calm manner and accomplish multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to provide quality customer service, listen to patients’ needs, and use tact and courtesy when speaking with patients.
- Exceptional time management skills
- Proficient computer and organizational skills; detail-oriented
Required Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One (1) year of clerical experience, preferably in a doctor/dental office environment
At Howard University Hospital, our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
Must be able to stand, walk, sit, manually lift up to 35lbs and transfer/lift using the appropriate device to accomplish the patient care task, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, pull, push, reach, handle, write, type, file, speak, hear, see, (depth perception, color vision), calculate, edit, evaluate, interpret, and organize for extended periods of time.
- Required Skills
Under the administrative supervision of the Dental Administrator, the Dental Receptionist will be responsible for greeting patients, making appointments for patients, and preparing dental records. Will also assist with insurance benefits and co-payment verification. Keeps daily record of patient accounts and collects payments.