Senior Maintenance Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Maintenance Engineer
- Job ID
- West Hartford, CT
- Other Location
Charter Realty is a full-service real estate owner and development company founded in 1993 specializing in retail and mixed-use property redevelopment and leasing strategies. Widely recognized for our ability to create value through our creative and hands-on property management team, Charter is a leader in empowering its staff to think on their feet and institute independent decision making in the field.
We have multiple offices in 5 states and our vertically integrated platform identifies value-creation and growth opportunities for all real estate product types. The company owns and operates more than 10 million square feet of commercial space throughout the United States.
On-Site Senior Maintenance Engineer
West Hartford, CT
As the Senior Maintenance Engineer, you will be the primary point of contact at a 500,000 square feet mixed-use project. You must be capable of fostering and maintaining relationships with both residential and commercial tenants and vendors at this property. You will also coordinate and supervise all vendors and maintenance personnel, as well implement general maintenance and capital projects. You will be expected to work with on-site team to ensure projects are within budget and monitor all other expenses relative to budget. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
· Maintain thorough understanding of the operation of the property, e.g. roof systems, HVAC, common areas, and utilities.
· Review and approve other nonrecurring billing and adjustments.
· Work with on-site team to prepare any and all reports requested by owner.
· Supervise vendor performance during normal and off hours, including weekends, when necessary.
· Review vendor contracts annually with on-site team for competitiveness.
· Work with on-site team to develop a schedule for regular building operational maintenance functions and audit for performance.
· Ability to supervise all daily operations in accordance with management agreements and strictly enforce all policies set by client and company.
· Take initiative and complete projects independently, and in a timely fashion, without excessive oversight.
· Participate in on-call schedule with other company personnel for evening and weekend coverage.
· Maintain positive relationships with all management associates, tenants and vendors as well as company principals.
· Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred.
· Solid budgetary skills, computer knowledge, and attention to detail.
· Proficient in MS Office products
· Experience with property management and work order software is preferred
· Maintain regular hours (7:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday through Friday) and be accessible by cell phone (provided by company) when not in the office during these times.
· Minimum of 5 years of facilities or property management experience required either in the corporate environment, third-party service provider, or as a consultant
· Minimum 2-3 years building maintenance experience performing some carpentry, HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing functions.
· Understanding of commercial self-contained rooftop A/C units and building automation systems, and ability to review and make system adjustments as required.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule.
· Acceptable background check.
· Ability to stoop, stand, climb, and frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
· Demonstrate skills and knowledge of all types of power tools.
· Ability to safely operate fork and aerial lifts.
· Detail oriented, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work on roofs.
Professional and Personal Characteristics:
· Demonstrated organizational skills.
· Results-oriented and high energy.
· Highest level of personal integrity.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
· Passionate and committed to his or her own personal and professional development as well as that of his or her colleagues.
· Creative and innovative approach to solving problems and resolving issues.
Charter Realty values their employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our
competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package.
Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with this company. We strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Charter Realty is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.