- Job Title
- Content Manager
- Job ID
- HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL 60169
- Other Location
Do you like to have fun?
Do you want to change the world?
Are you a hard worker with an awesome, creative mind??
If so, this job is for you!
Founded in 2003, our client’s mission is to change the way the world views Down syndrome and send a global message of acceptance for all. Their work hard, play hard philosophy allows them to change the world while still having fun. Their free programs range from pre-natal diagnosis through career skills. Each one of our programs is designed to work on specific skill development, including speech and language, literacy, socialization, and fine and gross motor skills. They currently have 54 locations across North America and Mexico, with more in the works! They also serve families in 55 countries with their free programs!
The Content Manager is responsible for content strategy and creation across the organization. Operating as part of the Marketing department, the position will be conversant in all aspects of the organization and continuously create compelling content (print, digital, social, and more) that fulfills marketing goals. The Content Manager will envision and implement a new content strategy for the organization that effectively leverages multiple channels. The position will also manage interdisciplinary projects for internal clients at the national office and across the network.
- Write and edit strategic and compelling content (print, digital, social, etc.) that advances organizational goals
- Manage the overall flow and repurposing of content throughout all marketing channels
- Serve as project manager for a variety of communications and marketing projects
- Content Creation
- Serve as the primary writer and editor for all internal and external the organization’s national office content, including print and digital content, newsletters, broadcast emails, website, and more
- Approach the life of the organization with both a journalist’s and a storyteller’s mindset, creating content that is informative and engaging
- Manage the organization’s voice, establishing editorial principles and key messaging on an ongoing basis
- Support the writing and editing needs of the Chief Belief Officer, including speeches, presentations, and other methods
- Ensure consistent implementation of AP Style throughout all public-facing materials
- Ensure consistency of content and messaging across all channels and platforms
- Develop and execute an editorial strategy that supports the brand vision
- Help identify market segments (donors, participants, advocates, volunteers, and more) and develop content that resonates with each
- Content Strategy
- Craft and implement an overall vision for how content should be cultivated, written, and distributed, with specific attention toward consistency of voice
- Craft the overarching content strategy for social media, and manage the Social Media Coordinator to implement that strategy
- Partner with digital marketing staff to ensure the most effective digital deployment of content
- Project Management
- Build a rapport with individuals across the national office and network, discovering stories that deserve to be shared with the world
- Leads the creative service process for internal clients, from initial consultation through editing and final production, including timelines and accountabilities
- Manages inventory and distribution of print materials
- Staff Management
- Supervise the Social Media Coordinator to produce best-in-class social media content
- Craft the overall social media strategy that the Social Media Coordinator then fulfills
- Education and/or Experience: At least 7 years professional writing, editing, and content development experience. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required.
- Impeccable Writing and Editing: Ability to craft content that is clear, concise, compelling, and correct. High-level writing and editing skills are a must.
- Computer Skills: Must be very comfortable using a broad array of programs, including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and OneNote).
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Core Values: Our client challenges all staff and volunteers to embody the following core values:
- Enthusiasm: Bringing positive, high energy to our work.
- Best of All: Always looking to improve in all that we do. Challenge yourself every day.
- Get It Done: Making things happen and blasting through barriers when needed; figure it out.
- Believe: Believe in ourselves, believe in our mission, believe we can achieve all that we set out to achieve.
- Locally Concerned, Enterprise Minded: To best serve our local communities, we share our location’s best practices and have the humility to leverage the collective learnings from across the organization’s network.
To respond to this opportunity, please go to:
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.