Mortgage Loan Originator -AZ
- Job Title
- Mortgage Loan Originator -AZ
- Job ID
- Phoenix, AZ 85001
- Other Location
About Us: NexGoal is a corporate recruiting firm that places high-quality, competitive, and driven candidates in careers with our corporate partners.Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Our Client's Company Profile: Our client is a full-service community bank as well as a national SBA and Residential Mortgage Lender dedicated to providing a wide range of high-quality banking services delivered in a personalized, friendly manner. Our client understands that their employees are their most valuable resource. They are committed to providing career development opportunities, competitive compensation, and generous benefits to their entire workforce.
Position Summary: Responsible for developing new mortgage origination business, maintaining current knowledge of applicable laws and regulations, and providing the documentation required within the operations department. The Mortgage Loan Officer will also coordinate and lead community development initiatives in their market. This position will serve the Phoenix area and be an integral part of the Bank's CRA efforts. Base salary plus commission plan, bi-lingual skills a plus!
1. Originates residential mortgage loans through various referral sources. Develops relationships with real estate professionals, builders, and other business referral sources to maintain a quality network and establish a book of business for new mortgage lending opportunities.
2. Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers to analyze financial and credit data, determines customer financing objectives, advises customers on product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gathers any additional required information.
3. Participates in business-related development opportunities, and community efforts to promote homeownership. Develops and executes marketing plans based on monthly and quarterly production standards.
4. This position requires you to act as an MLO Mortgage Loan Originator which is defined as an individual who takes loan applications, and /or offers or negotiates the terms of a loan for compensation or gain. All MLOs are required to register with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry ("NMLS"), obtain a unique identifier, and annually renew the registration, as defined by the S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
5. Maintains a current knowledge of mortgage lending laws and regulations and adheres to all state and federal laws and regulations.
Job Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Minimum 3 years of experience mortgage origination required;
- Thorough knowledge of current mortgage lending regulations, communicative & sales skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Problem-solving, organizational, interpersonal, and skills.
- Proven decision-making experience & ability to input and interpret data.
- NMLS registration is required.