Clinical Nurse, MICU, Days
- Job Title
- Clinical Nurse, MICU, Days
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Clinical Registered Nurse for the MICU who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
This position is full time, three 12-hour shifts per week on Days 7:30 am-8:00 pm, every other weekend rotating.
The Clinical Nurse:
- Demonstrates competency in clinical skills, bedside manner, infection control, physiological knowledge, administering medication, medical teamwork, multi-tasking, listening, verbal communication, health promotion and maintenance.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills. Demonstrates willingness to learn. Knowledge of professional nursing and biopsychosocial principles, theories, concepts, and their adaptation to nursing practice.
- Knowledge of pharmacology of various drugs and their therapeutic and adverse actions and complications. Competence in both oral and written English.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, Hospital and University officials, and the general public.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing Required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the District of Columbia.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification active.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support certification active.
- At least 2 years of ICU experience in acute care nursing.
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, and sick leave and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
2 years of ICU experience, RN license in DC, BLS and ACLS certification