Social Worker - Case Management - PRN
- Job Title
- Social Worker - Case Management - PRN
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire Social Worker who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
The Social Worker:
- Assists patients and/or families in coping with illness, hospitalization and continuing care needs
- Serves as the coordinator for discharge planning on the unit and collaborating with team members
- Perform psychosocial assessments and discharge planning
- Facilitate communication between the patient, families and health care team
- Identifies and directs availability of resources to service identified needs of patients
- Collaborates with and completes referrals to appropriate community agencies and other facilities.
- Documents social work activity in the medical chart with team, patient/family and community resources.
- Works independently within the assigned area and is accountable for the development and maintenance of service therein.
- Is responsible for seeking consultation when needed and keeping supervisor apprised of patient/program developments.
- Work is reviewed through medical chart documentation, reports, conferences and feedback from other disciplines
- Provides social work coverage for the hospital evenings, weekends and holidays as assigned
- Maintains a stated level of quality while minimizing resource usage and decreasing length of stay
Basic Qualifications Include:
- Master’s degree in Social Work
- 3+ years of experience in an acute care hospital setting
- Current District of Columbia license as an LGSW, LISW, or LICSW
- Cerner –Sorian preferred
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
- Work life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation and sick leave and 403B retirement plan)
- 100% free tuition to attend Howard University for you and/or your dependent children
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
Master’s degree in Social Work
3+ years of experience in an acute care hospital setting
Current District of Columbia license as an LGSW, LISW, or LICSW
Cerner –Sorian preferred
Must have Discharge Planning