Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Float Pool
- Job Title
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - Float Pool
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) who will embrace our reach and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference..
The Certified Nursing Assistant:
*Variable shifts available*
- Ability to perform the basic nursing skills, which include attending to personal hygiene and dietary needs of patients.
- Ability to use patient care equipment safely and effectively; for example, pulse oximeter, sequential compression devices, monitors, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relationships with staff, physicians, Hospital and University officials, and the general public
- Good written and verbal communication skills; basic math. Ability to follow verbal and written directions in detail.
- Ability to work independently and handle a multi-task environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality relating to client issues
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and work within a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer)
- High school education or equivalent is required
- Satisfactory completion of Nursing Assistant training program
- Six months or more experience as a Nursing Assistant or nursing technician.
- Current District of Columbia Nursing Assistant Certification
- Current CPR proficiency and BLS by American Heart Association required
At Howard University Hospital our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
Work life balance
Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
1. Familiarity with medical office procedures and practice management software.
2. Familiarity with medical terminology, CPT & ICD coding, and insurance requirements
3. Computer knowledge and typing skills.
4. Strong customer service skills.
5. Ability to multi-task and maintain professionalism in stressful situations.
6. Ability to problem solve
7. Ability to process requests efficiently and promptly.
8. Ability to collaborate with fellow staff and cross-train to ensure efficient operations.
9. Ability to abide by HIPAA, OSHA, and Howard University policies and procedures.