- Job Title
- Metal Pourer
- Job ID
- Cleveland, OH 44102
- Other Location
About NexGoal: NexGoal is a corporate recruiting firm that places high-quality, competitive, and driven former athletes in careers with our corporate clients.
Our Client’s Location: Cleveland, OH
Our Client’s Company Profile: Our client has been America’s leading producer of heat and corrosion-resistant alloy castings and fabrications for over 40 years. Their products are found in industrial markets worldwide. Their experience, innovation, and attention to detail ensure their product quality and reliability.
Position Summary: Perform as part of a two-person metal pouring team, pouring molten metal into prepared sand molds. Assist in various laborer duties when not pouring.
• Hand pour molten stainless steel into floor molds
• Ladle (large heat-resistant pot) is held by a two-man crew while furnace operator pours molten metal into ladle
• The crew then carries the ladle to the mold where it is poured
• Cleaning of induction furnace "pot"
• Other melting duties as become necessary
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to write simple correspondence
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Physical Demands And Work Environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
•The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
•While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Note: By submitting your application, you agree to be automatically subscribed to NexGoal's e-newsletter, providing weekly Career Advice articles and Job Board updates. NexGoal will not share your email address with any third parties. You will be free to unsubscribe at any time.