Painter - Temporary - Variable Hours
- Job Title
- Painter - Temporary - Variable Hours
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20060
- Other Location
With over 150 years of caring for our community and each other in the Washington DC area, Howard University Hospital has a world-renowned reputation for high-quality, patient-centric care. Howard University Hospital is the nation’s only teaching hospital located on the campus of a Historically Black University and has created a superior learning environment, with groundbreaking research and positive patient outcomes.
Howard University Hospital seeks to hire a Painter who will embrace our rich and historic tradition of excellence. If you want to make a difference in someone’s life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
- Paints surfaces using brushes, spray gun and paint rollers, stimulating wood grain, marble and tile effects.
- Smooths surfaces using sandpaper, wire brushes or steel wool and removes old paint from surfaces using paint remover, scrapes and blow torch to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Selects premixed paints/stains or prepares paints/stains to match specified colors
- Repairs damaged surfaces when assigned.
- May perform the following: cut stencil and stencil surfaces with lettering or decorations, paint signs on surfaces.
- Operates and properly handles all tools and equipment of the trade (i.e. paint rollers, brushes, sprayers, pigments).
- Maintains confidentiality of patients, families and staff
- Creates special effects by applying paint.
- Fills nail holes, cracks and joints with putty plaster or other fillers.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities that are related and appropriate to the position and area. The above responsibilities are a general description of the level and nature of the work assigned to this classification and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.
- Promotes adherence to the Health Sciences Compliance Program, the Howard University Code of Ethics and the Health Sciences Standards of Conduct.
- Attends annual and periodic mandatory Compliance Program training including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy training.
- Participates in activities that promote adherence to federal healthcare program requirements.
- Actively participates in Health Sciences Compliance Program activities
- Adheres to the requirements of the HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of patients, families, and staff.
- Knowledge of journeyman painter qualifications in order to perform all work of the painter trade.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
A qualified candidate will possess:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Journeyman painter’s qualification or equivalent experience
- Work-life balance
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, vacation, sick leave, and 403B retirement plan)
Howard University Hospital requires all external applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. External Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a designated Howard University Hospital location.
- Required Skills
High School Diploma or GED
Journeyman painter’s qualification or equivalent experience