- Job Title
- Process Engineer
- Job ID
- Leesburg, VA 20175
- Other Location
The position of Process Engineer will plan, direct and coordinate manufacturing processes on the shop floor. Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, using knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities. The Process Engineer will continuously review assembly operations for accuracy, proper methods of manufacturing and routing on the manufacturing floor.
1. Prepare method of manufacturing for electronic and electromechanical assemblies.
2. Participate and lead new production introduction activities for all electronic assemblies including SMT, through hole and electromechanical assemblies.
3. Prepare and review solder paste printing, reflow, wave solder and selective solder recipes.
4. Troubleshoot and optimize manufacturing processes for ease of operation, labor and cost reduction.
5. Create and design assembly tooling using AutoCAD and/or 3D modeling software
6. Participate in electronic manufacturing equipment review, evaluation, purchasing, installation, operator training, acceptance and validation.
7. Actively coordinate transfer, process support and validation of established assemblies to other EIT facilities.
8. Participate in lean manufacturing activities and/or lead kaizen team.
9. Provide extensive manufacturing support for component prep area.
Proficiency with Windows computer applications. Demonstrated knowledge and application of applicable ISO processes. Extensive knowledge of SMT, through hole and electromechanical assemblies. Knowledge of small, mid and high volume electronic manufacturing processes and systems. Knowledge of MRP systems, industrial systems and/or industrial engineering. Extensive knowledge of labor standards of Electronic Assemblies. SPC, Six Sigma, lean manufacturing, kaizen. Component engineering, DFM, DFT, DFX. Project Management and experience interfacing with customers.
Bachelor's degree in electrical, industrial or mechanical engineering or two year technical associates degree and related job experience.