- Job Title
- Production Lead
- Job ID
- Mt. Pleasant, TX 75455
- Other Location
Local Bounti is a leading controlled environment agriculture (CEA) company. Our mission is to bring our farm to your kitchen and deliver the freshest, locally-grown produce in the fewest food miles possible.
Our mission is rooted in sustainability and in turn human welfare.
By growing local we help eliminate food waste and provide fresh, high-quality produce. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry.
We are committed to the growth and cultivation of our employee’s well-being, so that our employees feel that they are in a career environment that enables them to thrive personally and professionally. We provide an educational and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. We are proud to offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package to employees working over 30 hours a week.
- Competitive Pay
- Indoor Agriculture Environment
- A culture focused on Work/Life Balance
- Health, Dental, and Vision and very competitive contribution rates
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account
- Generous Vacation Time and 5 Sick days each year
- 10 Company Paid Holidays
- Immediate access to participate in the 401(k) plan with up to 5% company match
- Basic and Voluntary Life / AD&D
- Voluntary Accident and Critical Illness coverage
- Voluntary STD/LTD
- Caregiver Support
- Training and Development
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Commuter Benefits (includes part-time and seasonal staff)
- MarketPlace Perks at Work
- Free Employee Assistance Program services that focus on health physically, emotionally, socially, and financially.
Oversees the daily operations of the packing area. Manages the harvesting and packing of plants, coordinates production workers and manages standards for production, harvesting, packing and cooling. Ensures all crop production and packing is on schedule and of high quality. Assist in research and development of new products and techniques. Implement and suggest new processes as warranted. Having a visible presence of approximately 70% on the floor in production areas.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed below are representative of the essential functions, qualifications, physical demands, and the work environment encountered in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to work and perform the essential functions in this work environment.
- Assists in training, development, and support of employees in order to ensure employees can excel at their role
- Supervises, trains, and coaches production team members
- Coordinates harvesting/packing activities with Growing Teams members and Sales
- Estimates and keeps current on a short, mid and long-term basis the packing quantities of the different products
- Maintains accurate count of packaging availability
- Explains and demonstrates care-taking techniques to subordinates
- Maintain and improve labor ratios
- Meet all efficiency objectives for the Georgia facility
- Stay within yearly Annual department budgets
- Plan and organize work of department to minimize unplanned downtime of production
- Administers effective performance evaluations, development plans and disciplinary actions, and mentors employees through formal channels, identifying development needs and counseling on overcoming them
- Report any unsafe conditions
- Perform job in accordance to Industrial and Food Safety regulations
- Each employee at Local Bounti must uphold and support all food safety rules, regulations, and requirements. Local Bounti considers food safety a core value that ensures a safe and wholesome food product.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Embrace and exhibit Local Bounti’s Core Values.
- Embraces and supports the safety culture at Local Bounti.
- Able to accommodate flexible work schedule according to business needs
- Reliable transportation to cover all working hours
- Ability to lift or move a minimum 40 pounds
- Ability and willingness to be occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, temperatures between 35 and 90 degrees, and safely work near moving mechanical parts, and equipment
- Ability and willingness to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, stoop, kneel, crouch, taste, smell, hear, see, sit, twist, and turn, etc., as needed to perform essential tasks
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Available to work holidays, weekend and after hours as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, operations, manufacturing management or business strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in food production or two to three years of experience in a supervisory role preferred.
(Physical demands are a general guide and specific positions will vary based on working conditions, locations and facility/department needs)
- The working environment is subject to pressure for multiple calls, inquiries, and interruptions.
- Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions with temperatures between 35 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to safely work near moving mechanical parts and equipment.
- Lifting: raising or lowering objects weighing more than 40 pounds, from one level to another.
- Mental Demands: mathematical reasoning, memorization, oral comprehension, spatial orientation, and written comprehension.
- Required for safety: standing, walking, using hands and fingers, stooping, kneeling, crouching, tasting, smelling, hearing, seeing, sitting, twisting, turning.
- Vision Near acuity: ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less
- Hearing: perceiving the nature of sound by ear.
- Sitting: remaining in the normal seated position.
- Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken words.
- Stooping: bending the body by bending the spine at the waist.